Head, Payments & Collections
Payments & Collections
Team Member, Payments & Collections
General Working Conditions
Standard working conditions.
Ownership and management of suite of Payments and Collections to ensure growth of the business with respect to volumes and revenue.
- Develop and drive the bank’s arm of collections and payments business in line with the strategy.
- Identify and translate market opportunities into new products and services so as to generate profit for the bank.
- Develop the collections business in new markets.
- Ensure optimal pricing of collections products to balance revenue derived whilst attracting/ retaining customers.
- Keep abreast of local and international developments in the cash management business
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of competitive offerings across the markets
- Provide structured solutions to meet specific collections needs of customers.
- Understand customers’ value chain and business, anticipate requirements through consultative marketing.
- Manage the collections sales pipeline at branch level
- Own and maintain generic product programs for collections products
- Ensure proper documentation of inflow and outflow cash
- Handle any other tasks as may be assigned by ED/COO
- Process automation/Improvement
- Manage workflow in the unit and ensure that service standards/turn-around times are adhered to.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Reduce people processes by 40%
- Average collection function expense per customer ($)
- Increase the number of next day and same day transfers by xx%
- %Attainment of revenue targets
- % Attainment of volume/ usage targets
- Overall growth in collections business in volume and value terms
- Zero penalties on remittances of collections
- Professional Attributes
- Business Knowledge
- Personal Attributes
- Leadership Skills
- Ability to negotiate complex transaction and lead successful teams.
- An analytical thinker, with a capacity to interpret and assimilate large volumes of complex information and construct cogent arguments.
Qualifications & Certifications
- Minimum of First Degree in any discipline
- MBA or Professional qualification will be an advantage.
- Minimum of 7 years working experience in banking, marketing and operations (at least 2 years in Payment & Collections operations and the last 2 years in managerial capacity).