To work in tandem with the Head, IT Business to:
- Analyze business requirements for (transformation) Technology and Business projects,
- Plan and execute Bank's Business Transformation projects.
- Provide portfolio oversight and reporting for these projects
- Business Analysis
- Requirements Gathering and analysis
- Project Management
- Business Process Analysis and optimization
- Program Management
- Portfolio Management
- Organizational Project Management
- Agile Project Management
- Enterprise Architecture
- User Acceptance Testing and System Integration Testing
- B.Sc. in Electrical/Electronics/Computer Engineering or B.Sc. in Computer Science or Information Technology or B.Sc. in MIS or related areas
- Minimum 4 years’ experience in planning, supporting and delivering technology-based projects within the financial or related business areas.
- PMP® certification required
- Prince2® Foundation required; Prince2® Practitioner considered a plus
- Agile certification (Scrum, PMI-ACP) considered a plus
- Knowledge of the Banking industry and the Ghanaian Banking landscape
- Basic accounting knowledge
- Working knowledge of PMBOK® framework
- Working knowledge of the BABOK Business Analysis framework or the PMI-PBA Business analysis framework required.
- Working knowledge of the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC)
- Experience with UML modeling, ER Design required
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Project
- Advanced presentation skills using Microsoft PowerPoint
- Knowledge of Oracle Primavera P6 considered a plus.
- Excellent writing and communications skills
- Working knowledge of Risk Management
- Knowledge of Enterprise Architecture a plus
- Experience with Business process design and improvement required
- Certification in Business Process Design considered a plus.
- Good analysis and problem-solving skills
- Negotiation skills
- Administrative skills
- Team player
- Excellent writing and presentation skills
Key Result Areas
- Requirements gathering
- Business analysis
- Project planning
- Project execution/delivery
- Project monitoring
- Project closure
- Project documentation
- Program Management
- Portfolio Management
- Risk Management.
Requirements Gathering and Business Analysis
- Oversee gathering of requirements through formal requirements gathering methodologies.
- Oversee the collation of requirements into standard requirements gathering templates for sign-off
- Assist with stakeholder identification and analysis according to established methodologies.
- Provide guidance and subject matter expertise on Requirements Gathering and Business Analysis
- Execute the project planning process according to the stipulated process and policies.
- Monitor the project officer’s work comprising follow ups with vendors, internal project customers and other relevant parties to projects
- Execute and provide oversight on project planning activities covering but not limited to:
- Scope definition
- Project schedule analysis and schedule creation
- Quality metrics definition and monitoring
- Risk analysis and ongoing maintenance of a risk register
- Project resourcing decisions and follow up
- Provide guidance and subject matter expertise on project planning
- Lead the execution of planned project covering these activities:
- Proactive risk monitoring utilizing the risk register
- Proactive issues tracking utilizing issues log
- Proactive tracking of scheduling using the project schedule
- Proactive tracking of resources utilizing the resource calendar and scheduled work.
- Documentation updates (plans, registers, trackers, etc.)
- Daily project work tracking utilizing project schedule
- Overseeing the processing and follow up of vendor payments, per diems, etc.
- Provide guidance and subject matter expertise on project delivery approaches
Business Process Analysis and optimization
- Review Business Processes and business policies in relation to projects to assess support for project delivery
- Make recommendations, where appropriate, for improvements to facilitate excellent project delivery and increased business value
- Provide guidance and subject matter expertise on business process analysis and optimization
Program Management and Portfolio Management
- Apply, where applicable, the principles of Program and Portfolio Management to bring consistency to the process of managing projects.
- Manage, the entire repertoire of projects using the principles of program and portfolio management to increase business value, strategy-project alignment and resource utilization.
- Be a custodian of the IT Projects Manual and SOP, providing yearly reviews of processes to keep in line with modern project, program and portfolio management best practices.
- Ensuring compliance of all projects to the SOP.
- Apply, where applicable and useful to delivery, the principles and practices of Agile Project Management
- Work in tandem with the Head, IT Strategy and Architecture to arrive at scalable architecture for projects.
- Provide architecture recommendations, where applicable.
- Prepare and submit weekly reports for each project in the combined portfolio
- Prepare and submit weekly summary reports as per the distribution in the Projects SOP
- Prepare and submit monthly reports to the following:
- Technology Manager’s meeting – Third Wednesday of the month
- Technology Steering committee – Monthly by 23rd of each month
- Board Technology sub-committee – Quarterly or on request
- Board sub-committee on project prioritization – Quarterly or on request
- Prepare and submit ad hoc reports on project status as per request from sponsor, Head, IT Business, CIO or Executives
- The custodian and monitor of the PMIS
- Prepare and maintain project management artifacts as stipulated by the Projects SOP, including but not limited to: project schedule, project plan, risk register, issues log, payments tracker, project dashboards, communications plan, stakeholder register, etc.
- Prepare and submit a project closure report detailing follow-on actions at the close of each project
- Prepare and circulate lessons learned for each completed or terminated project.
User Acceptance Testing and System Integration Testing
- Provide oversight and guidance to Business Units in the preparation of user acceptance test scripts
- Oversee the User Acceptance Testing process, where necessary and applicable
- Collate and provide a comprehensive User Acceptance Testing report
- Notification of projects slipping by pre-determined allowed slippages per project.
- Immediate notification of projects for which critical path activities have slippage
- Escalation of non-compliant vendors or project team members.
- Report all suspicious or fraudulent activities to Compliance.
- Report project governance non-compliance to Head, IT Business