Relationship Manager- Corporate Banking - Asia Desk
Job Description – Relationship Manager- Corporate Banking
Job Title: Relationship Manager – Asia Desk
Reports to: Director, Corporate Banking
2. Job Purpose:
Accountable for a defined portfolio of clients, integrating and co-coordinating all the Bank products, services and resources in order to maximize the value of the business relationship and ensure profitability for the Bank and the client
Required to provide entire bouquet of banking services and products effectively enough to keep client as customer of the bank
Responsible as first point of call for assigned corporate clients
Has limited excess power over client’s accounts
4. Knowledge, Skills & Experience Required:
Knowledge And Qualifications
- 5 Years minimum banking experience
Technical/ Industry Specific
- Credit skills
- Has a conceptual understanding of business mission and strategy, as well as the performance implications of this strategy with regard to market success
- Knows and understands the best operating practices specific to the business
- Relationship management principles and practice.
- Team goal structuring and planning skills Group dynamics and team building skills.
- Experience in high level management.
- Good knowledge and understanding of banking financial services mechanisms and the entire range of products and services useful to corporate organisations, with knowledge of their mechanisms, client benefits, limitations, profitability to the bank, and value in developing strategically long term business relationships.
- Ability to utilise this knowledge to identify cross selling opportunities
Communication and Relationship Facilitation
- Must have clear verbal and writing ability required for explaining and interpreting financial data and business information. Ability to motivate plans and tactics, business cases, options, benefits and systems/ operational issues at executive level.
- Ability to analyse and communicate research findings/ management information data to others.
- Ability to conduct presentations and negotiating business cases in group forums.
- Must have a conceptual understanding of strategic business plans and performance trends. Understands how performance management and development systems can be enhanced, packaged, leveraged to convert human potential into improved performance and capability.
- Applies business acumen and technical financial skill to the overall management of the performance management and development platforms
- Is able to parallel process and manage several interacting projects, pacing them in relation to one another in terms of resourcing and time. Trade-offs need to be made between processes, tasks and technology to maintain progress in a dynamic and fluid work context
5. Key Result Areas:
- Understands the overall strategy of the Bank and how the strategy of Corporate Banking supports these.
- Proactively understands the Clients’ strategic direction and long term needs as well as the opportunities and threats to the Clients.
- Develops and nurtures strategic relationships with the Clients to ensure that the strategy and business objectives of the Client and the Bank are achieved.
- Continually drives and role models a superior client orientated culture within Corporate Banking.
- Continually recommends improvements and adaptations to existing systems, processes and structures in order to ensure current and future viability of Wholesale Banking.
Business Acumen and Market Understanding
- In-depth understanding of Financial Service trends and Corporate Banking.
- Aware and has an intimate understanding of the activities of the traditional and non-traditional competitors and the impact on Corporate Banking’s relationship with the Client.
- Develops an intimate understanding of the clients’ industry and business, analyses their modus operandi, management practices, judgment of various influential decision makers, and market conditions affecting the long term viability of the business and industry sector.
- Utilise information management systems and processes to pre-empt selling opportunities and identify opportunities and threats to Clients and the Bank.
- Effectively use this knowledge to continually provide information to ensure that the products and services of the Bank meet the needs of the Client and stay abreast with world best practice.
Client Profitability and Risk Management
- Conforms to the Bank’s risk policies and procedures.
- Monitors markets and pre-empts risk for both the Client and the Bank.
- Demonstrates general understanding of all areas of risk associated with Corporate Banking clients, products and services. Draws on this information and input from reliable sources (network) to decide on strategies to meet their needs (business financial needs & operational banking service needs) to establish a sound relationship for further business and protect against loss of key clients to competitors.
- Work closely with the Credit Director to initiate business deal proposals for new facilities, or facility modifications that require the assessment of credit or other risk, and motivates the deal with insightful information regarding business strengths and vulnerabilities. Retains final sign-off on all credit facilities granted.
- Contributes intimate knowledge of the client, to the function of risk assessment, and provides insights into mitigating or cautionary factors to the risk assessment specialists (via liaison with Director Credit in the preparation of board papers).
- Proactively and quickly identifies potential problem accounts and formulates appropriate risk mitigating strategies.
- Fully accountable for the relationship with the Client, across all hierarchical levels.
- Identifies a “champion” within the Client’s business and fosters the relationship to ensure leading edge information about the Client’s business objectives, opportunities and threats.
- Establishes credibility and overall profitability for the Bank and the Client by the skilful application of specialist knowledge to deal with diverse Client environments and provide qualified leads to relevant areas within the Bank e.g. Treasury, Trade Services.
- Appropriately balances technical input and marketing skill to address Client environment and needs.
- Introduces specialist skills on specific products and product mix at the appropriate time and level in order to create solutions, which effectively satisfies Client needs.
- Builds relationships across all hierarchical levels within and outside the Bank in order to develop a credible and relevant network, to ensure leading edge financial and market information
- Understands the implications of substandard delivery of the role.
- Ensures 100% availability of the service and sales support team.
- Educates the Client in terms of the structure of Corporate Banking and Corporate Service and identifies the individuals accountable for the Client’s sales and service.
- Identifies barriers to business development that emanate from sales and service delivery dissatisfaction, and develops strategies to overcome these problems with the relevant members of the team and the Client
- Ensures that client confidence is supported by solid delivery of expected benefits, such as cost efficient finance, improved efficiency of financial administration, and reliability of required service standards.
- Understands the budget and target setting process of Corporate Banking and provides relevant and accurate input into this process.
- Understands and conforms to the financial management processes and procedures of Corporate Banking.
- Continually makes suggestions to improve and adapt these processes for the benefit of Corporate Banking and the Client.
6. Communications and Working Relationships
- All corporate clients of the bank for whom banking services are delivered as the key function of the department
- Risk, trade and legal with whom corporate banking is inextricably involved
- Team members and all members of the department
7. Information Security Responsibilities
- Abide by the bank’s ISMS (Information Security Management Systems) policies and procedures
- Safeguard the bank’s information assets in accordance with its ISMS policies and procedures
8. Compliance Responsibilities
- Ensure prompt and adequate compliance responses to Sanctions and AML/CFT enquiries sent in by Compliance department
- Take part in all annual mandatory refresher training organised by Compliance
- Report all suspicious or fraudulent activities to Compliance or via whistle-blowing toll free line.
- Ensure all accounts opened are KYC compliant or appropriate escalations have been followed.