My client is a Leading Oil and gas Services Company.They need a CSC (Construction & Specialty Consulting) Operations Manager.
The Construction & Specialty Consulting (CSC) Operations Manager will be based in Accra, and will be responsible for building both internal and external (client-facing) relationships to deliver the full suite of CSC construction, engineering, consulting, and program management services across all four markets of the company that is: (Oil & Gas, E&I, Mining, and Clean Energy).
The Operations Manager role will work with the CSC Business Development Director and existing support functions in Accra to foster and develop relationships with customers across West Africa, present/sell the full spectrum of CSC services, provide technical project oversight, recruit and manage CSC staff to accomplish project delivery, and actively participate in regional initiatives.
The position is based in Accra, reports to Specialty Consulting Africa Operations Manager.
Job Title: Operations Manager
Job Location: Accra, Greater Accra
Key Goals and Objectives for the Operations Manager:
- Manage and mentor existing CSC staff in Accra
- Recruit and retain key personnel through effective leadership and visibility in the marketplace
- Identify and support BD activities
- Coordinate the implementation of specific strategies and plans for West Africa
- Leverage Amec Foster Wheeler capabilities from across the globe to offer services and increase marketshare in West Africa
- P&L management responsibility, with achievement of SRP budgets
- Coordination across the company's businesses to identify/acquire/deliver work in the West Africa region in accordance with the company's Operating Model
- Implement a strategic plan for the Ghana and the West Africa market, consistent with strategic goals of the company's CSC Group.
- Monitor and report on market trends in Ghana and West Africa, and make recommendations on future development of new and existing market sectors
- Work with AMEA & Southern Europe management teams to ensure alignment between all markets and regional business plans.
- Communicate with clients on a regular basis to ensure needs are being met.
- Ensure successful delivery of projects from a technical quality perspective
- Identify and hire key personnel
- Maintain effective programs in areas of Quality Management, safety, sustainability, ethics, and security
- Lead the development of the company's CSC bids for major projects in Ghana and West Africa, ensuring compliance with the company's Operating Model
- Oversee specific CSC marketing and business development activities, ensure that appropriate bid resources are available and that risks are effectively managed on behalf of the company.
- Maintain close relationships with all members of the company's CSC management team and foster good relationships with all members of the regional management team.
- Log, track, and update leads and opportunities in the Microsoft Dynamics Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system
- Report on actions, opportunities, and leads in weekly operations coordination calls.
- Monitor performance against budgets and recommend appropriate actions for implementation
Qualifications and Requirements
- Minimum Master’s degree in environmental science or engineering from an accredited university
- Minimum 10 years proven environmental experience, with an emphasis on environmental assessments, EIA / ESHIA, and consultancy services
- Minimum 10 years work experience in Oil & Gas and Mining sectors
- Experience living and working in South Africa
- Citizenship: South African national preferred
- Language skills: English (required) and French (preferred)