Prime responsibilities and duties
1. To carry out the following activities with minimal supervision of Lead Structural Designer or Senior Structural Designer
· To prepare general arrangement and detail drawings as directed by the Lead Structural Designer.
· To ensure structural drawings are compatible with the work of other disciplines.
· To comply with all project drawing office procedures.
· To carry out structural material take-offs from drawings and engineering designs.
· Assist the Lead Designer in the multi-discipline co-ordination of Structural project work.
· To carry out integrity checks of structural PDMS/CAD deliverables.
· To identify PDMS/CAD software problems to the Lead Structural Designer.
2. Organize and undertake quarterly reviews with the Lead Structural Designer and Engineering Manager.
3. Be aware of all technical standards, procedures and specifications.
4. To gain understanding of and become actively involved in Amec Foster Wheeler Safety, Health and Environmental Policy.
5. To become familiar with and to adhere to Personal Safety Contract and the Quarterly Personal Performance process.
Allied occasional duties
· Provide technical assistance to discipline assigned personnel as required.
· Carry out site visits where necessary.
· Assist the Lead Engineer and others when requested in the execution of their responsibilities and duties.
Holds relevant technical qualifications with the ability to perform drafting functions as well as simple engineering design.
· At least 3 years’ experience in structural design/drafting in Oil/Gas and Petrochemical Industry.
· Conversant with relevant CAD systems, working knowledge of PDMS
· Some site experience with Oil/Gas and Petrochemical facilities, offshore preferred
Key internal interfaces
· Principal Engineers
· Lead Designer
· Principal Designer
· Discipline Personnel