· Analyzes customer production forecasts. Purchases and procures raw materials to meet customer demands, ensuring appropriate inventory levels and savings targets are met and expediting as needed
· Utilizes planning software system to determine replenishment levels needed for customer accounts and orders raw materials accordingly, determining the appropriate amount of materials necessary to meet current and forecasted production levels.
· Communicates production delays and vendor issues to customer and decides best course of action to address the issue and meet customer demands.
· Tracks supply markets, meets with key vendors to evaluate supplies, and presents changes / recommendations to customers.
· Addresses issues with raw materials with vendors, including quality, quantity, scheduling, etc.
· Bachelor’s degree in Business, Supply Chain, Logistics, or related discipline
· Two to five (2-5) years of experience in purchasing / buying in a warehouse environment, preferred
· One to three (1-3) years managing inventory levels
· Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Excel, Word and Power Point
· Strong customer service skills, including ability to instill confidence and display integrity
· Strong analytical skills
· Strong verbal and written communication skills