Supervise night operations and personnel for safe and efficient preparation of product for delivery to customers the following day. A first line manager directing associates to achieve accurate orders that are then staged and loaded on the trucks. Oversees the preparation of the warehouse for receiving the next day. Involved in resolving personnel, organizational and equipment problems during the night shift.
- Responsible for associate development through training on policy & procedures. Creates a cohesive organization by keeping lines of communication open.
- Monitors a variety of operational information, such as "mis-picks" and productivity reports, to insure individual order selectors and the entire shift are meeting rates and following preferred methods. Takes action through coaching and counseling to correct behaviors.
- Regularly inspects facility for safety hazards and either resolves them or reports them to the safety manager as appropriate. Accountable for maintaining the physical condition of the warehouse and its equipment.
- Analyzes the current operations and makes recommendations to improve on expense and cost control.
- Works with operations management team to identify sources of inventory shrink and assists in development of an action plan.
- Prepares various reports and forms such as credit slips, accident reports, computer invoices shift inspection reports, absence reports repair orders and requisitions for replacement equipment.
A minimum of 3 years prior experience in warehouse operations and supervision required.
Able to interpret financial and operational data; Basic computer skills; Familiarity with inventory control, OSHA, HACCP and other regulatory requirements; Strong leadership, communication and people development skills; broad knowledge of warehouse operations, methods and procedures.