This position has responsibility to lead, manage and develop sales in the specific Africa region (West or North).
- Responsible to pro-actively develop and direct the implementation of agreed short and long term sales and marketing KPI’s / plans and tactics for the region and achieve stated objectives of growth and profitability for the region.
- The key accountabilities are to meet the market penetration, gross margin, cash flow and new business development targets for the respective market segment(s) by managing external customer relationships and influencing the business environment.
- The position will lead a team of sales engineers and representatives and be responsible for their recruitment, training, overall levels. In this capacity this position will work to develop sales and service associates to performance, and motivation their potential and in some cases groom the associate(s) for growth opportunities within the company.
- This position has accountability to scan the external environment for opportunities in the market place and to develop the future business strategy of the region.
- Achieve/Exceed regional sales targets and support the profit objectives by implementing the Sales and Marketing plan for the respective market segment(s). The targets are reviewed, updated monthly, and sales forecast revised with tactics to close gap when targets are falling short.
- Achieve/Exceed the cash flow objectives by controlling accounts receivables and providing forecasts for customer requirements to enable optimization of plant capacity and inventory balanced against current market demand.
- Identifies, develops and executes new business development strategies and tactics. As with sales, new business is monitored monthly and targets are set as against a % of sales must come from new business development. Creates and maintains a rolling 5-year strategic roadmap to grow business profitably within the region. Understand/communicate competitive activity in the region and develop tactics to use the company strengths to grow business and maximize profits. etc.
- Control Sales and Marketing S&A. S&A costs are monitored monthly and cost reductions along with continuous improvement initiatives are supported / encouraged.
Qualifications - preference will be given to:
- Candidates with a University degree in B.Tech / BSc Mechanical Engineering or country equivalent and 10 to 15 years’ experience in Sales and Marketing functions.
- Candidates must also have a strong aptitude of mechanical systems (ability to read technical drawings) and have an understanding of industrial markets – specifically to the region
- Demonstrate outstanding achievement as a Sales business leader
- Strong track record with at least 10-15 years of post-university experience across a broad range of Sales and Marketing functions
- Experience in an American multinational company will be helpful
- Experience in SAP will be an advantage
- Proven leadership, communication, and people skills
- Change Agent - Ability to lead and achieve organizational change
- Exceptional analytical, strategic and visionary thinking skills
- Strong customer relationship management, sales, negotiating and value selling skills
- Strong business acumen, sales strategy understanding/business alignment knowledge
- Computer literate (MS Office)
- Self starter and highly motivated
The successful candidate will likely exhibit the following personal characteristics:
- A strong personality, balanced with excellent diplomacy and influencing skills;
- A high level of energy, passion and self-motivation;
- A team player; and Results orientated;
- Confidence and ability to deliver presentations to customers at all levels in the organization.
This is an outstanding career opportunity with an industry leader. Compensation for the position will include a competitive salary dependent on the unique background and qualifications of the successful candidate, together with generous fringe benefits.