Senior Underwriter in Charge of South Asian Markets
This role is open to Asian candidates but will be based out of Mauritius (This is a relocation opportunity)
· Supervise Underwriting and Claims Management in the Regional Office of Mauritius and ensure that they are handled in a professional and ethical manner and, as per the Corporation’s policies and guidelines.
· Develop businesses across South Asian countries.
The duties of the Senior Underwriter shall comprise amongst others:
· Preparing renewal and new business quotation proposals to Cedants and brokers.
· Reviewing facultative acceptances regularly ahead of renewal and reviewing treaty acceptances annually ahead of renewal.
· Soliciting and receiving treaty offers from existing and potential clients, assessing such offers when received and determining whether or not to accept them in line with the Corporation’s underwriting policies/guidelines.
· Maintaining proper records of all business offers and transactions received and concluded
· Attending to client correspondences, social and business function and other related activities for overall marketing effectiveness.
· Ensuring that all the treaties and facultative contracts are processed and the cover notes signed and sent out to Cedants or brokers.
· Monitoring the profitability of markets serviced and monitoring progress towards the achievement of income targets in the assigned markets
· Paying market visits regularly for new businesses and for the renewal of existing business as well as for obtaining market statistics and other relevant information for the Corporation’s strategic and operational use.
· Assist in reviewing and monitoring the proper processing of all technical transactions
· Reviewing all claims and other claims supporting documentation, and ensuring proper processing and timely settlement of verified cash calls
· Carrying out risk surveys and give risk improvement recommendations
· Providing training, advice and other forms of technical support to both staff and clients on a regular basis.
· Assisting Finance & Technical accounts in reviewing the reconciliation of Cedants and broker accounts and chasing outstanding amounts due from them while also ensuring timely remittance of amounts due to them.
· Attending to any other duties as may be assigned by the Regional Director and the Corporation’s management from time to time.
· The successful candidate shall be based in Ebene (Mauritius).
Main Competencies required for this position
· Very good technical knowledge and professional proficiency, particularly with regard to Insurance and Reinsurance underwriting, Retrocession, Claims as well as risk assessment
· Strong exposure to/experience of South Asian reinsurance markets
· Very Good planning and reporting skills.
· Capacity for analyzing, synthesizing and reasoning
· Good supervisory skills.
· Ability to quickly build very good and sustainable relationship with Cedants
· High Integrity and have good sense of responsibility
· Ability to work under pressure.
· Good communication and training skills
· Good skills in business software tools (MS Office)
Qualifications and professional Experience
Applicants shall be holders of:
Applicants must also be:
VI- Salary and Benefits
· The successful candidate shall have the following benefits:
Should you qualify, please contact me on VBedeman@antal.com