The VP of Engineering is a key member of the leadership team and will have overall responsibility over technical operations, delivering engineering program performance , leading/driving engineering technology and innovation strategy to insure success in the engineering design, development, and release to production of profitable, producible products and services
· Focus on projects & people management
· Managing Software Development department which is located in Iasi and Columbia, working together with the current R&D Manager and with the CTO
· Support technical team in account management for existing & new clients.
· Accountable for technology and development strategy, risk mitigation, developing and ensuring core competencies across multi-disciplined engineering teams. This position is an integral part of the senior management team - we need an enthusiastic individual that can capture our company's vision and drive the technology roadmap, working simultaneously in an engineering/technology and business environment.
· Technical leadership – the VP Engineering is responsible for co-developing the technical strategy with the CTO, and for developing and maintaining a technical roadmap that will continue to innovate from a technical standpoint.
· The VP Engineering may personally serve as a systems architect, or may assign another engineer to assume that role.
· Background in Software engineering
· Languages abilities: English -advanced
· + 5 years team management
· Experience of working in international environment
· Experience leading engineering or technical personnel in team sizes of more than 50 or more at multiple sites