Reporting to the SVP, IT Operations in US, the Director, Quality Assurance and Testing will manage a centralized organization of Quality Assurance (QA) professionals supporting a shared technology service within Organization.
The director will allocate QA resources based on priority of financial business initiatives and organizational need, be ultimately accountable for test execution in support of all software delivery, provide direction for quality throughout the software development lifecycle, and produce meaningful and actionable analysis of test results that drive process improvements.
- Define, track, and drive progress towards the quality objectives for the QA department.
- Manage test planning, execution, test automation development, and reporting strategies across multiple programs and in alignment with business needs adhering to company-wide standards.
- Review and provide input on project schedule tasks, durations, testing risks, and dependencies.
- Manage daily/weekly progress reporting and defect tracking and resolution as well as conduct operational quality audits to ensure compliance with best practices.
- Establish the operational goals and objectives for the QA team and assure adherence to budgets, schedules, standards, work plans, and performance requirements.
- Partner closely with Technology and Operations leaders, line managers, and other stakeholders on all initiatives for the successful integration of a standardized QA model.
- Develop and nurture key relationships with all critical stakeholders and partners to facilitate effective communication, manage expectations, and deliver results.
KEY RESULTS AREAS:
- In the first 90-120 days, the Director will be accountable for:
- Establishing the operational goals and objectives for the QA team and assure adherence to budgets, schedules, standards, work plans, and performance requirements.
- Managing test planning, execution, test automation development, and reporting strategies across multiple programs and in alignment with business needs adhering to company-wide standards.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- At least 14-18 years of direct experience in QA testing for IT projects.
- Minimum 5 years of managerial experience required.
- A proven track record managing testing related activities following SDLC methodologies.
- Demonstrated success in delivery enterprise-wide data movement and transformation capabilities.
- Expertise in the development of formal test documentation that adheres to QA and software/systems testing best practices.
- Hands-on experience conducting business process quality assurance analysis to improve efficiency and quality of ongoing operations.
- Ability to negotiate and manage external vendors to effectively delivery positive results for the customer and adhere to QA standards.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills coupled with the ability to effectively communicate and partner with Business and IT.
- Record of outstanding success at organizations, where innovation, collaboration, customer service, and sales results are paramount.
- Bachelor’s degree in technology related field required; Master’s degree strongly preferred.