International Engineering Company is recruiting a Water Supply Specialist for its operations in India and Bangladesh
The candidate must have a Master degree in Civil Engineering specialized in drinking water supply and source development (ground or surface water). He/She should have at least 15 years of experience in urban water supply projects, mainly in coastal zones, and 10 years or more of work experience, in a similar position, in developing countries.
Specific experience and skills:
- Incorporating climate change and adaptation into water supply designs.
- Preparation of feasibility study, detailed engineering designs, including specifications, drawings, and detailed cost estimates for water supply components.
- Coordinating and overseeing of teams and subcontractors.
- Developing technical relationship with the client and project beneficiaries.
- Ability to work in team and to accomplish established milestones.
- Good knowledge of English language.
- The candidate should be from Spain or EU.
The specific tasks to be performed will be as follows:
- Assist the Client in the selection of eligible water supply subprojects.
- Work with climate change specialists to incorporate climate adaptation into designs.
- Oversee preparation of feasibility study and detailed engineering designs.
- Incorporate climate resilience parameters into projects specifications.
- Assist in preparation of bidding documents and bill of quantities.
- Conduct physical surveys for identification of subprojects.
- Calculate the incremental costs of climate adaptation into water supply subprojects.
- Identify potential subprojects for introducing metering systems.
- Develop mechanisms to ensure leak management and prevent water losses.
- Assist in the engagement of sub-contractor for water supply leak detection survey.
- Supervise sub-contractors' works