Trusted Advisor/ Investors, Key attendees & founders (Strategic Alliances role)
Application: instead of a cover note, please include a brief overview of:
1. startup that closed a Series A round in 2015 and why they interest you;
2. most inspirational business leader you follow and their Twitter handle.
Web Summit is a global technology conference company based in Dublin, Ireland. It runs a series of international gatherings across the world. Its flagship event is Web Summit, held for the last five years in Dublin and which will move to Lisbon in 2016. In less than 5 years, Web Summit has grown from a small team to a company of over 130 focused on disrupting the conference industry through technology and data science. In 2015, nearly 50,000 startups, investors, speakers and other attendees gathered at Web Summit events, including Collision in the US and RISE in Hong Kong. In 2016, nearly 100,000 will do so.
About the team
Our team recruits and curates the experience for C-level executives, investors and founders of the world’s most innovative companies across our events: Web Summit, Collision, SURGE, RISE, MoneyConf, the 150 Series and our invite only exclusive f.ounders. Though a series of exclusive social events and curated discussions, we facilitate interactive discussions that not only allow attendees to exchange ideas, but also to tackle a range of prevalent issues and trends. In essence, we’re developing and maintaining relationships with leading decision makers in tech across the globe.
What you’ll achieve at Web Summit:
· You’ll actively and selectively identify, recruit and foster relationships with some of the world’s greatest influencers and industry leaders, ensuring attendance to our events.
· Every day you’ll be speaking with world’s leading investors, Fortune 500 founders and CXOs, covering the entire range of sectors, industries and geographies.
· You’ll act as a knowledgeable and visible presence in the industry and community, creating exciting and valuable proposals for the attendees.
· You’ll oversee and maintain an active and up to date database of attendees and prospects in Salesforce.
· You’ll collaborate with the growth team to create and implement lead-generation strategies.
· You’ll also work closely with the business intelligence team, analysing sales funnel data to create small but critical process improvements.
Who you are:
· You're a brilliant sales person. But you're not really a salesperson, you're a people person.
· You’re naturally persuasive who can influence with little effort and come up with creative and valuable ideas on the go.
· You’re inspired by technology and innovation, you have an eye for spotting trends, and you love a good discussion on the subject.
· You have exceptional phone manner and can talk directly and succinctly to those your senior.
· You’re a stellar individual contributor, who takes direction with ease and works well as part of a larger close-knit team.
Skills and abilities we’re looking for:
· Bachelor’s or Master’s degree with strong performance.
· Exceptional written and oral communication skills as well as the ability to engage any audience.
· Genuine willingness to learn and drive to succeed.
· You have long had a passion for technology, how it is helping move the world forward and where it is going.
· Background in consultancy/finance or experience with startup funding & venture capital would be great.
· Keen interest in account management and business development.
Be healthy, curious and social:
· Stay healthy with our fully subsided healthcare cover.
· Exercise your mind and body with our free gym membership and yoga.
· Enjoy your own private garden with orchard, sports equipment, and vegetables right outside your office.
· Enjoy an unlimited supply of fresh fruit, beverages and cereals.
· Master new skills from those around you, onsite talks and training initiatives.
· Become workmates, not just colleagues, with our active social calendar of company celebrations, trips abroad and sports.