Antal is the Search and Selection leader company for Middle and Upper Management roles through EMEA & Asia with a 129 offices in 32 countries network. We are always looking for specialized professionals for an high number of industries and businesses. Since 1993, Antal completes Researches worldwide. In each country there are 6 divisions specialized by Function/Sector. In our Italian branch -based in Milan -over 32 employees are involved in: Sales & Marketing, Engineering & Operations (Science, Technology & Innovation), HR, Accounting and Finance, Legal, IT-TLC / General Management.
For a manufacturing (steel) multinational company in automotive field, we are looking for a:
PLANT ENGINEERING MANAGER
The successful individual will become a member of the operation’s executive management team, which has full P&L responsibility for the assembly and distribution facility. This is a career level position with unending responsibility that will provide great personal satisfaction for the mature individual that like to work hard, functions well in a team environment and enjoys spending time “on the production floor” observing, analyzing, questioning, discussing, teaching and leading others in order to continually improve operational performance. We are seeking a seasoned manager that has gained considerable working knowledge in an automotive manufacturing, assembly or distribution facility with the following:
Primary Job Responsibilities
- P&L support for the assembly and distribution operations;
- Play an active role in performing all aspects of the program launch;
- Developing, monitoring and achieving the operation’s annual goals through its ongoing continuous improvement activities;
- Providing leadership to the local team members and lead, manage, and develop our plant’s Team Members;
- Audit and hold people accountable to our Business System and Internal Controls;
- Effectively manage all business risks;
- Develop collaborative relationships with customers;
- Identify and eliminate sources of waste within the organization.
- Performing and providing leadership for typical manufacturing engineering functions including process design, layout design, facilitate Kaizen activities, quality support, ergonomics and safety;
- Practical experience performing program management tasks and effectively manages all aspects of the program launch. (APQP, PFMEA, control plans, plant layout, tooling & equipment design, development & implementation, facility deployment, etc.);
- Technically competent in a wide variety of engineering areas;
- High degree of organization skills in a highly complex environment;
- Technical confidence with IT systems and capable of troubleshooting IT related operation issues;
- Seasoned manager that has gained considerable working knowledge in a manufacturing, assembly or distribution facility that provides the applicant;
- Experience in leading and managing a fast paced, short window automotive assembly and sequencing plant;
- The opportunities to develop “people centered” approaches to helping teams achieve their full potential;
- The interpersonal skills, personal comfort and respect for other people that are necessary to effectively communicate and actively interface with a production workforce on a daily basis.
- The desire to strive for both personal and operational excellence through a never-ending search for a better tomorrow.
Qualifications and Experience
- A minimum of 4-year technical degree in Engineering;
- 10 years experience in Automotive Manufacturing or related field;
- 5 years experience and demonstrated success as a Plant Engineering Manager;
- Creative, self-motivated, and works well in a cross-functional team environment, excellent interpersonal communication skills and well organized, committed to achieving world-class performance standards.
- English fluent required.
Please send your resume to email@example.com with the following reference: PlantManager_Piedmont