Antal International is a multinational Search & Selection company with more than 130 offices in 35 countries.
The Operations division is a team specialised in talented engineering profiles in Production, SCM, Research and Development, Construction, Quality, Design and Technical Sales.
Our Client, an International Leader in the automotive sector, is seeking:
Engineering and Production Manager – PAINT SHOP
The candidate, reporting to the Operations Manager, will manage both the Engineering and Production areas of the painting department which comprises 150 employees.
Regarding the Engineering area, the candidate will oversee the painting technologies, robotics and craft and will interface with process technologists with the aim of achieving continuous improvement of the painting processes.
Regarding the Production area, the candidate will be supported by shift managers who will manage the employees engaged on the operating cabins and other installations.
All of these activities will be focused on the Continuous Improvement (volume and costs), Quality KPIs, Injury Prevention and Health & Safety.
· Hierarchically responsible, with the HR Business Partners, for the team composed of almost 150 people.
· Workforce organization and department process improvement.
· Disciplinary leadership over production employees in the department.
· Activity of business plan and work organization, through daily meetings with Company inter-functional staff: Industrial Area Managers, Logistics, Quality, Technology, HSE, HR, Security, Purchasing, Sales, R&D, Maintenance.
· Definition of the Times and Methods flows, to ensure continuous improvement.
· Development in terms of competences, motivation and Career Path Training
EDUCATION AND SKILLS
· Bachelor/ or Master Degree in Industrial, Mechanical, Chemical or Management Engineering.
· Around 5 years of experience in Automotive Paint shop Production Management and Technical Planning within the automotive industry.
· Deep knowledge of automotive painting and coating products and processes.
· Experience in leadership/coordination roles
· Experience with automated car production in paint shop (robotics, paint application, air balance etc.) would be an advantage.
· Fluent English mandatory
· Team work.
· Problem Solving and Organization.
· Goal oriented.
· Negotiation and Communication skills.
· Availability to travel.