Experience required for Professional Level:
- Prior sales experience (preferably as Account Manager) in a technology-based organization.
- A minimum of 8 years experience in a similar industry
- Proven ability in appropriate competencies
- Proven ability to achieve results
- Ability to acquire new business within existing customer
- Ability to co-ordinate with EMEA and in-country teams
Core Competencies (according to client's competency model)
- Contributes professional & technical expertise
- Adds value for customers & partners
- Demonstrates business & financial acumen
- Drives productivity
- Drives growth
- Attains results
- Communicates effectively
- Collaborates & teams effectively
- Leads change
- Acts courageously
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in an engineering/technical related field. Local language skills, plus English language.
Principal duties and responsibilities:
- Call on The Global Account to represent company capabilities and close orders.
- Coordinate and manage all company activities with The Global Account in geography to assure consistency of our deliverables to Global Account plants in support of objectives and annual plans.
- Communicate information to The Global Account regarding company architecture, new products, and future products as one element contributing to a sustainable competitive leadership position for the Global Account.
- Utilize GAP process for product fit to input pre-qualified/quantified product needs to the appropriate company divisions, and to pre-validate revenue opportunities, reduce development costs, and decrease time-to-market.
- Build effective business relationship with the Accounts through understanding their organization, developing a business relation with senior management, identifying key decision-makers and understanding their business, strategy and directions.
- Provide the annual plan for the Global Account in coordination and cooperation with local company sales/support offices in the geography, and communicate this plan within company and the Lead Global Account Manager, including regular progress throughout the year.
- Focuses on opportunities that support company’s market strategy
- Understands business models and how they can exploited, including the interpretation of financial statements
- Participate in the Global Account's manufacturing, planning, implementation teams to provide input at an early stage, and via this participation, recommend strategies/tactics to company which will benefit the Global Account.
- Ability to set and achieve challenging targets.
- Takes initiative in response to changing circumstances within the organization or markets
- Report any information relative to competition or market trends and new competitive product developments to the appropriate resources through standard required reporting formats.
- Ensure the right level of business information exchanged within the organization.
- Ability to set priorities that maximize revenue and profitability
- Coaches others to improve performance
- Keeps skills and knowledge in all areas (technical and commercial) up to date
- Ensure that The Global Account has access to all company resources by establishing excellent working relationships with the product groups/divisions, Sales and Support Group management, International, and senior management, and via communication of annual plans and progress reporting on a regular basis.
- Provides timely information to support effective management of the business to all levels
- Excellent communication to foster an open environment
- Identifies key issues from information gathered
- Demonstrates behavior in accordance with company values
- Acts with highest integrity in all areas
- Ability to motivate others and him/herself.