Our client is an important multinational company that has a long history of developing breakthrough adhesives and coatings, vibration and motion control, sensing, and magnetically responsive technologies and sensing technologies that significantly reduce risk and improve product performance.
Product Design Engineer
The responsibilities of the Electromechanical systems engineer are as follows:
• Understand the function of the electronic, mechanical and software components and their interactions within the Dynamic Mechanical systems of our customers.
Complete detail design work in at least two of the three areas noted above (Electronic, Mechanical, Software) while being able to work at the system integration level.
• Work collaboratively with customers to define and develop electromechanical solutions.
• Help the customer identify problems and specify proper solutions.
• Approach each project with a Design to Cost mentality.
• Act globally in support of collaborative efforts with US based technology team. Work closely with other organisational groups within the Company including Purchasing, Marketing and Sales, Value Stream and Manufacturing.
• Lead product development efforts for assigned projects, from definition through, detail design, validation and serialization in the customer’s application.
• Travel will be required for 20 % of the time to develop customer relationships and new applications for Lord Electromechanical technology.
• Master of Science in Mechanical Engineering / Mechatronics
• Minimum 5 years experience designing, validating and implementing Electromechanical systems
• Detailed understanding of core engineering principles related to: mechanical design, dynamic systems modelling, controls, and electrical engineering
• Background with dynamic forces of motion, mechanical dynamic systems, hydraulically controlled or electrically controlled. e.g. suspensions systems and steering systems.
• Experience of working with Tier 1 vehicle manufacturers in automotive and industrial markets
• Excellent written and oral communication skills in English, German and Italian.
• Expert use of AUTOCAD, Inventor, FEA and Mathlab
• Location: North Italy
Please, send your CV in Word or Open Office format to: email@example.com and put as the object of the email: Product Design Engineer