Network Engineering & Connectivity Manager - (Milan based)
The role is to ensure the stability, integrity and operation of the network infrastructure. This includes planning, developing, installing, configuring, maintaining, supporting, and optimizing all network hardware, software, communication links as well as the monitoring and management tools required in order to guarantee 24x7x365 customer support.
The Manager will provide technical oversight for the installation, monitoring, maintenance, support, and optimization of all network hardware, software, communication links and monitoring programs.
He is accountable for ensuring that the appropriate monitoring and management tools are in place, including procurement and in house development of specialized tools as necessary.
Major duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for initial triage, escalation, and resolution of network troubles. Also responsible for vendor engagement.
- Actively and consistently support all efforts to simplify and enhance the customer experience
- Reactive monitoring of all core level telephone, IP and Video elements within network facilities.
- Performs network operations functions (IT, Network Engineering and Network Operations Center – NOC) such as monitoring information on all sites and back haul, identifying deterioration of components and dispatching / assisting field personnel with repairs.
- Handles incoming trouble calls.
- Works closely with engineering, field technicians, marketing and vendors to resolve service issues.
- Resolves network problems/faults; escalate as necessary to appropriate parties.
- Tracks and updates problems in the trouble ticketing system.
- Monitors traffic patterns to identify potential problem areas and escalate to take corrective action to implement short-term adjustments as well as refer chronic problems to Engineering for permanent resolution.
- Identifies alarm correlations and appropriate response actions for future automation.
Required skills, knowledge and education
- Ten years of experience in the field of Data Network in terms of network engineering & operations.
- Experience in managing cross-functional teams
- Excellent know-how of IP/MPLS routing and switching
- Excellent know-how of private data connectivity and public internet transit services
- Excellent know-how of all phases in a Services and Network Implementation cycle; Vendor Selection, network design, technology and services validation, services roll-out, commissioning, testing, acceptance, operation and maintenance
- Strong relationships with various Vendors like Cisco, Juniper, Alcatel-Lucent, Huawei, Infinera, Ciena, and others
- Good Relation with Internet Exchange, Regulator and Major Carriers is a plus
- Network Operations & Maintenance, Capacity Planning, Project Management, Performance Management, Network CAPEX/OPEX, budget control and optimization know how is required
- Data-center switching and routing Design and technologies is a must
- Expert in operating multivendor network
- Expert in IP domain and Protocols like Broadband Network Gateways (BNGs), OSPF, managing and operating International Gateways, Global Content Delivery (CDN) & caching, traffic distribution & traffic engineering, Quality of Service, network redundancy & failover and Network security.
- Provide forecasted CAPEX/OPEX and control the budget and expenditures to ensure having network expansion projects matched with the overall budget.
- Develop required operation policies, procedures, and workflows.
- Ensure the issuance of regular weekly, monthly and quarterly reports showing the status of the operation issues and performance compared to department’s targets, network KPIs and SLAs.
Quadro level. Euro 60k gross per year base salary max. + benefits.