DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Responsibilities and duties for this position shall include, but not limited to the following areas and activities. At management discretion, direction may be given for tasks outside the scope of work.
· Ensure the smooth workflow of the various HR functionalities as to maintaining and providing the needed support to associates and Supervisors/ HOD’s at all times; this includes, but is not limited to filing, administration of starters and leavers and payroll.
· Manage recruitment & selection procedures; Conduct interviews for all Supervisory and HOD positions; Supervise HR team with regards to line level recruitment.
· Train and guide the team members of the Human Resources office.
· Monitor and conduct learning and development reviews with each department
· Prepare annual training plans and training calendars in accordance with Corporate HR
· Coordinate with department to deliver Training programs and leadership development interventions according to business needs,
· Ensure that appropriate training is done with HOD’s and Supervisors that administer the review process.
· Ensures employees receive on-going training to understand guest expectations and uses effective training methods to ensure employees have a good understanding of guest satisfaction and can demonstrate guest satisfaction skills.
· Ensures all training and development activities are linked to the company’s mission and vision.
· Identifies performance gaps and works with managers and Corporate Office to develop and implement appropriate training to improve performance.
· Establishes guidelines so employees understand expectations and parameters.
· Tailor specific trainings in F&B, Housekeeping & Front Office.
· Manage the Team Welfare and recreation facilities including all aspects of team accommodation.
· Ensure that effective communication flow is maintained at all times.
· Attend Departmental Meetings to address any issues or concerns for staff each department on a regular basis.
· Review manning and re-recruitment of all positions.
· Ensure that the arrival experience is as good as the guests, through an accurate Induction.
· Manage work permit application, payments, follow up & renewal and liaise with Male’ office.
· Handle the payroll movement
· Control payroll & payroll related costs within the budgeted limits.Provide summary analyses and statistics of turnover, complete the monthly and mid-month HR finance forecast, update the personalized departmental reports.
· Ensure the application of discipline according to company policies & procedures & local legal provisions.
· Manage conflict, handle team complaints and grievances Give feedback & support to all team members.
· Develops appropriate Human Resources Policies & Procedures and ensure strict adherence to Human Resource Policies & Procedures at all times.
· Advise & train staff on Employment Law and Industrial Relation matters.
· Promote health & safety of all employees.
· Control staffing within established manning levels.
· Report regularly to management on HR issues that necessitate attention.
· Represent hotel in various forums and instances – Ministry of Employment & Tourism, Immigration Services & Hospitality School requirements etc.
· Any other related issues.
Requirements and Skills:
· Min of 5years experience in a similar role within an upscale brand hotel.
· Degree or diploma in Human Resources/Hotel Management or equivalent.
· Excellent leadership skills.
· Exceptional communication skills.
· A team player, someone that is pro-active and acts with integrity.
· Proficient in English language and preferably Italian language.