South African Citizens Only!
Head of Purchasing : Africa
Key responsibilities & accountabilities
- Implement controls and overall responsibility of transparent and fair tender processes and awarding contracts accordingly.
- Establishing and managing contracts and relationships with suppliers.
- Soliciting competitive offers through requests for proposals, requests for quotations and requests for information in adherence with company policy and processes.
- Handle supplier contracts and agreements, review and sign-off after final approval before creating the relevant purchase order/s.
- Maintaining and sourcing a suitable and diverse pool of suppliers.
- Perform varied work assignments and constantly prioritise work load by ensuring that deadlines and internal and external customer expectations are met or exceeded where possible.
- Providing effective technical advice and solutions when required to do so in liaison with our head office.
- Responsible for controlling expenditures of high value services, CAPEX purchases and ad-hoc requirements ensuring the purchasing processes and authorizations are adhered to.
- Selling excess project materials and scrap when required to do so.
- Apply the appropriate purchasing method for the required purchases.
- Read, understand and correctly interpret technical drawings and detailed plant layouts/plans and source the requirements for various disciplines/scopes of work as necessary, with exceptional attention to detail and quality prerequisites.
- Continually set up the basis for manufactured parts maintaining the quality requirements are upheld as per our head office standard.
- Ensure special handling/shipping of goods is logistically coordinated or as required.
- Track and record expenditures as required to do so.
Role specific skills attributes
Knowledge and experience
- Financial management skills (including project management, stores/warehousing, materials distribution)
- Exposure to multi-disciplinary complex projects
- Knowledge of contracts and tendering processes
- Understand technical drawings and/or plant layouts and initiate supply criteria maintaining quality standards
Qualifications and education required
- Diploma in purchasing
- 3 – 5 years technical purchasing and contracts experience
- Solid and proven technical background
- Experience in the beverage industry
- Self-motivated, independent, solution orientated, deadline driven individual with strong time management skills
- Strong analytical ability, attention to detail and strategic thinker
- Compliance with work processes and procedures
- Build mutually beneficial relationships internally and externally
- Strong interpersonal skills – team builder and participant
- Very good negotiation and communication skills
Job Specific Skills
- Assist with project planning, monitoring timelines, resources and address problem areas
- Solid problem solving skills and ability to focus both strategically and tactically to achieve business goals
- Basic understanding of Health and Safety standards
- MS Office 2010 – Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Strong communication skills in English both (written + Verbal)
- Able to communicate in German (pref.)
- Ability to work in a high volume, highly pressurised and intense working environment
- Solution orientated and results driven
- Professional liaison with all levels of management and technical customers, both internally and externally
- Able to travel both domestic and foreign
- Possess a valid driver license and valid passport