The Finance and Control Department in the Regional Head office has a vacancy for the position of a Finance Project Analyst reporting directly to the Decision Support Manager. The position will be based at the Regional Head Office in Nairobi, Kenya.
Purpose of the job:
To ensure accurate, timely efficient and compliant financial reporting at the company in the Market, regional level and also responsible for the Budget forecasting planning processes across the businesses within the company in the Market and ensures flawless execution and high quality of deliverables.
Key Responsibilities will be to;
Finance Projects Management:
- Translates Finance/Business requirements into IT solutions in accordance with the business strategies by providing software development for some in-house finance projects.
- Analyses business processes and formulates proposals for IT solutions and work methods, and supports realization, in order to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the business processes.
- Support Finance/Business projects within the agreed timelines, in order to guarantee an effective development and implementation of the chosen IT solutions, including testing, training and set-up of the SLA.
- Advises and supports Finance Management through mapping the user requirements on the existing IT solutions/possibilities for improvement of functionality in the assigned application area.
- Develops and provides required user training for the implemented applications and responsible for the documentation, testing and maintenance of the new applications.
- Investigate and resolve application functionality related issues and provide first level support and troubleshooting of our financial tools.
Reporting & Consolidation;
- Drive the execution / consolidation / reporting of the different Dynamic Forecast planning cycles, across
- the businesses/ countries within the company in the Market, coordinating with the co-pilots and other business partners (supply chain, sales, technical, human resources) using appropriate management tools for the planning process;
- Support in the review, analysis and consolidation of financial reports such as Income Statements, Balance Sheets and preparation of reports to the local management.
- Support in Period End Closing Process (Financial tools super user) and support the countries in the period end activities in SAP
- Review and analyze Daily Sales and provide transparency on Sales KPIs to both Local Management (Daily Sales Report) and to the Group;
- Participate in the consolidation of the monthly and yearly budgets and guide the countries in the preparation of the budgets, and providing analysis and insight into the financial results of regional;
- Provides other Ad-Hoc reporting, analysis and projects on request;
- Work with the finance teams in the 8 operating countries to support analysis of financial results as required throughout the period. Supports the review and write-up of results.
The ideal candidate should possess the following minimum skills and competencies;
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Business Information Systems or Management in Information Systems;
- Minimum. 4+ years’ experience analyzing and automating complex business processes especially finance related and previous Finance management
- Previous Finance experience and professional training/ qualification is a benefit but not a pre-requisite;
- Excellent MS Excel and MS Access Skills including Macros, VBA;
- MS SQL Server and T-SQL knowledge;
- SAP Knowledge will be an added advantage;
- Good organizational and planning skills;
- Ability to work independently and within a team.