The Nutrition Business Unit in the Regional Office has a vacancy for the position of Brand Manager reporting directly to the Marketing Manager, Nutrition. The position will be based in Regional Head Office (Nairobi)
urpose of the job:
The job holder will be expected to delight target consumers, build a strong brand and generate strong brand building results.
Key Responsibilities will be to;
- Assist the Country’s /Clusters to develop Brand Plans and liaise with them for execution under the guidance of the Marketing Manager;
- Assist the Country’s/Clusters to develop and update consumer portrait, consumer engagement funnel with assistance of the Marketing Manager;
- Contributes to and is responsible for the execution of I&R pipelines, identify opportunities for growth;
- Provide pricing and promotional strategy recommendations, propose and review continuously priority
- SKUs for key channels and customers;
- Track and monitor performance (KPIs: RIG, OG, MC, OP1, SOM) versus targets, manage the PFME dynamically as per the agreed Brand Plans and quarterly review of PFME and activity calendar agreed with BU in order to achieve annual Targets; For local initiatives and in alignment with the BU prepare OBIs and Big Ideas, engagement strategies and creates relevant & memorable brand experiences. Works in partnership with communication agencies, creates briefs and ensures BBNW;
- Ensure coordination and compliance with the Brand Plan of all Brand related activities (example
- Marketing, Sales, Activation).
The ideal candidate should possess the following minimum skills and competencies;
Honors degree from a recognized university, preferably in the areas of Marketing or Business Administration;
Minimum 5 years’ experience in Marketing and Sales preferably with specific experience as follows:
- Pharmaceutical industry
- Managed Brands /Products across multiple countries and geographies
- Led or actively participated in developing annual/ rolling commercial plans for a least two cycles.
- Led actively participated in consumer insight generation (U&A studies, Product Guidance Tests).
- Managed Advertising & Promotions budget of Above-the-Line Advertising and Communication strategies including agency and creative evaluation.
- Led or active participation in the development of Below-the-Line Activation and Consumer Strategies.
- Very Strong Communication and presentation skills and experience including fluency in Power point;
- Strong Leadership skills and ability to influence and federate across multiple countries, cultures;
- Ability to thrive in a network organization;
- Basic understanding of a P&L statement;