This position reports to the Managing Director (MD) and has overall engineering/product development and manufacturing operations responsibility. The position will lead integration of lean manufacturing and lean product design/development into the business. He/She Will exercise vision and skill to improve product design for manufacturability and tie together the manufacturing and lean operating system to the lean product engineering and development process.
- Partner with the CEO and CFO to evolve product and grow the business
- Act as operations thought leader – evolving products and managing complexity through configuring and well thought out product development.
- Evaluate existing systems and think through product development and manufacturing processes to improve it.
- Minimize the impact of build complexity as it goes through the system
- Steward the production system and the planning process and drive and support Operations.
- Will be knowledgeable in manufacturing operations and be able to determine the needs and capabilities of each department.
- Will monitor and manage the manufacturing activity allocating in an efficient manner the company's resources
- Will evaluate the performance of the company's departments to fulfill the organization’s requirements
- Will conduct the company's activity in accordance to its short or long term strategic planning needs
- Will participate in management meetings, offering suggestions and solutions to improve the company's policies
- Will report on a regular basis to the Managing Director with whom he/she will collaborate in finding the best solutions and strategies for the company's future.
- Though not responsible for conducting external affairs, he/she will have excellent management skills and knowledge, as well as a good understanding of the smartcard industry and business.
- Genchi Genbutsu: Conduct daily Gemba walk, willing to pour through data and dig into the nature of the product.
Desirable Skills and Experience
- Must be in the manufacturing environment preferably smart card industry.
- Experience in Lean Manufacturing, Total Quality Management
- Must have leadership experience in Manufacturing Operations, Product Development and Lean Systems Leadership
- More than 10 years leadership experience in lean manufacturing and engineering/product development with 3 years in an executive level position such as General Manager or COO.
- Thoroughly enjoys solving problems on the shop-floor and has performed close to the work that needs to be done (hands-on, gemba leadership style).
- Current track record of championing new product designs that can actually be manufactured efficiently.
- Can offer proof of product build efficiencies gained by integrating lean product design/development with sound manufacturing strategy and execution.
- Intellectually curious, willing to pour through data and dig into the nature of the product
A good Masters degree in Business; MBA or similar degree
- The Chief Operating Officer will have a Masters’ degree in business administration, or equivalent business experience
- 10+ years of progressively responsible experience for a major company or division of a large corporation.
- Should have experience in partnering with an executive team, and have a high level of written and oral communication skills.
- Preference will be given to candidates with an MBA in Business Administration.