Provide technical development, consulting and implementation expertise for Chip, Contactless, Mobile and other emerging technoilogies
Duties/ Responsibilities/ Accountabilities:
- Client Consulting to determine software or system functional specifications
- Designing, developing, maintaining and testing computer systems or programs based in user defined requirements.
- Writing code, programs, tests and analyzing new application software.
- Diligently organize and maintain development and testing documents to keep them up to date.
- Design, develop, document and perform unitary testing of the developed software.
- Integration of smart card personalization upgrades to personalization engines / solutions.
- Configuration of personalization devices for product profiles.
- Provide efficient on-going production support to all in-house developed applet and apps and provide support to third parties in the use of the above.
- Smart card personalization support level II.
- Supervision of development projects for production operations as regards EMV cards issuance.
- Liase with clients, potential clients, existing and potential technical partners on issues relating to EMV cards issuance.
- Supervision of plastic certification acquisition including CPV and White Plastics Certification Approvals.
- Technical Support for EMV Data Operations Unit.
- Management of Cryptographic devices.
- Back up for Head of Information Technology.
- Research and development for new solutions/ products relating to EMV cards issuance.
- Support Sales/ Marketing/ Customer Support teams on technical issues.
- Escalate all issues that cannot be resolved within the business day to the Head IT. Issues that would lead to production delays should be escalated to the Head IT within one hour if unresolved.
- Any other duties required by the management from time to time.
Financial Perspective :
- Minimize losses to the barest minimum.
- Keep record of all jobs done within the unit and ensure proper details communicated to Finance for client billing.
Customer Perspective :
- Establish and maintain strong working relationships with internal and external customers.
- Keep and maintain up to date database of all external customers and partners comprising corresponsive details and job title of all technical contacts.
Learning and Growth / Innovation :
- Look out for relevant training for department.
- Continually seek out new ways of improving our operations.
BSC Computer Sciences, Electrical Engineering or a related technical field.
- 5+ years of previous IT development experience in banking related sector (EMV smart chip Cards, Core banking host systems;
- Platform knowledge on IIS, SQL Server, Biztalk.
- In-depth knowledge in Smart Card, Java Card, Global Platform, EMV and data encryption/signature.
- Knowledge on mobile development platforms (IOS, Andriod, Windows) will be an asset