Function: Deal Advisory
Service Line: Strategy Group
Service Line Information:
Working as part of this dedicated and newly formed Strategy Group, you will be working through complex and challenging issues facing clients today. You’ll have the opportunity to offer strategic advice on business and operating models across the economic cycle from both an organic and transaction perspective. It’s an exciting time to join this team as my client accelerate momentum and growth in their priority sectors and clients with their dedicated strategy practitioners working together, sharing ideas and creating innovative, market leading solutions for their clients.
Why this opportunity?
Working as part of this well-established modelling team within the newly formed Strategy Group, you will be working through complex and challenging issues facing clients today.
You’ll have the opportunity to offer advice and support on all aspects of financial business modelling and project analysis for a broad range of engagements to enable better decision making and planning. This would involve working with leading clients across a wide range of sectors in a collaborative culture which would expand your skills into the full range of services in financial modelling.
You’ll have the opportunity to offer strategic advice and support businesses in decision making.
This would typically include developing models and providing analysis to support the following initiatives:
- Strategic options and business planning
- Restructuring – corporate or financial
- Portfolio analysis – Pricing & profitability modelling / Performance modelling
- Deal strategy – Mergers and acquisitions, JVs, Carve outs or divestments
- Bid support and execution – Bid modelling / Bid Strategy
You will join international teams with a vibrant mix of expertise, industry experience and consulting skills with bright individuals who have fun both inside and outside of work.
We are seeking talented individuals, who are able to work at the highest professional standards, to join a team of dedicated strategy practitioners working together, sharing ideas and creating innovative, market leading solutions for clients.
Role and Responsibilities:
To be an effective Manager within The Strategy Group (TSG), you’ll undertake the following:
- My client’s projects are challenging and often time pressured and will in some cases involve working in large multi-disciplinary project teams.
Working as a Manager in a modelling team you will:
- Support client through the model development process
- Scope, design and develop complex business models
- Lead multiple engagements on a day to day basis
- Develop analytical techniques, technical skills and commercial awareness.
- Contribute to the business development initiatives and be part of the sales team
- Contributes to developing the team and propositions
- Contribute effectively to project teams and take responsibility for completing work
- Maintain contacts with key client staff once a project is complete
To succeed in this demanding role you will need to have:
- A degree (2.1) or above
- Proven experience of developing and managing teams that deliver financial models in Excel
- Proven experience of delivering financial modelling projects ideally in a professional services environment
- Strong commercial skills and a broad range of general knowledge on wider business and economic issues
- Strong problem solving skills
- Excellent written and oral presentation skills
- A strong understanding of financial and management accounting application and concepts
- Advanced Excel skills
The following experience and qualifications would also be desirable:
- Experience of developing models using Microsoft Access
- An accountancy qualification
- Visual Basic for Applications
If you are really excited about this role and believe it can be a good fit with your previous profile and experience, please send an email with a cover letter and CV attached to NAkram@antal.com.