Open days 16th & 18th December
The responsibilities for the positions of Electrical, Mechanical, Controls, Calibration & Instrumentation and Building services Technicians will be generic with respect to this core specification and requirement.
Core specification is classed as either main job function e.g. Mechanical, Electrical, Controls, Calibration.
• Responsible for planning, scheduling and prioritising of engineering works.
• Responsible for maintenance of all production/building services equipment.
• Responsible for prompt fault finding/diagnosis and rectification on all production/building services equipment.
• Responsible for the generation and updating of engineering documentation. Typical examples are drawings, SOP’s, PEL’s, IQ/OQ, maintenance routines etc
• Responsible for the review of engineering equipment, spare holding and ensuring identified critical spares are available at all times.
• Responsible for the purchase of engineering spares and services within an agreed budgeted cost.
(Area of responsibilities to be outline by Team Manager of areas)
• Responsible for the supervision of outside contractors / service engineers and tradesmen as required.
• Responsible for identifying possible equipment and operational improvements and for suggesting methods of implementation.
• Responsible for actioning engineering and operational improvements as directed by the area Team Manager.
• Responsible for the management of small projects (i.e. equipment specification, installation, commissioning, engineering documentation, training etc.) as directed by the area Engineering Team Manager.
• Maintains a good working relationship with all the production and support departments.
• Plays an important role in installation and commissioning of new equipment and trains both production and engineering personnel in the correct operation and maintenance of new equipment.
• Actively seeks to improve and promote safety, engineering and cGMP standards.
• Any other reasonable management request that fits within the skills remit of an Engineering Technician
Any additional development training required to achieve the role for new skills (Above) will be gained through the level 3/4 system.
o Engineering Apprenticeship with applicable industrial focus (e.g. mechanical, electrical, instrumentation, controls)
o Proven industrial experience
o HNC / HND or higher qualification
o Pharmaceutical or food manufacturing experience