Title: Manager – Transaction Services (Financial Services – Insurance) – Big 4
Area: London, United Kingdom
Salary: Market related
Are you looking for an exciting career in a rapidly growing team? Do you want to work in a lively and energetic team where you will have the opportunity to advise some of the world’s largest Financial Services clients during strategic business transactions? Do you have experience in the Insurance sector?
If so, then you should consider a career within the Financial Services Transaction Services Team with my client.
Strong academic background with financial qualifications such as ACA.
Skills & Experience:
Experience of financial due diligence and/or financial services reporting is highly regarded, though we would definitely consider candidates with other skills and the aptitude to learn.
Strong analytical skills including the ability of interpret data, generate insights and construct solutions.
Excellent written and oral communication.
Strong personal impact.
Ability to perform consistently at a high level under pressure.
Evidence of managing teams in a fast moving environment with changing client requirements.
Service Line Information:
Transactions and Restructuring group is focused on continually enhancing value for clients across the deal and economic cycle. Teams comprise of specialists capable of helping clients right through from conceptual thinking of buying a business to turning their business around in times of difficulty.
The Transaction Services practice comprises approximately 350 people across the UK, organised to align to my client’s market orientated structure, and is at the heart of the Firm's agenda to increase its penetration of boardrooms and work with clients across the economic and transaction cycle. Within this structure, the Financial Services Transaction Services (FS TS) team comprises 42 professionals focused on Banking, Insurance and Investment Management deals.
My client provides M&A advice and assistance to financial services clients of every size, and helps them to deliver successful transactions. They focus on acquisitions, disposals, public bids/mergers, joint ventures, buy-outs, initial public offerings (IPOs), market entry, financing and other transactions. They identify structure and execute all manner of public and private market transactions, and provide support from initial analysis of strategic options and deal evaluation through to completion. They help their clients to identify upside opportunities and risks in their transactions and also assist as Reporting Accountants during Capital Markets processes to satisfy the due diligence requirements of underwriting investment banks.
They are driven by a passion to help their clients to execute transactions efficiently and maximise value. The team works closely with colleagues across Deal Advisory as well as Tax, Audit and other Advisory teams; it is a multi-disciplinary and international environment that sits right at the heart of their One Firm agenda.
Due to the increase in the number of transactions currently taking place in the market my client is rapidly expanding the size of their team and has a need to recruit Managers to focus on the Insurance sector in order to support the growth of our FS TS business. Specific experience of financial due diligence and/or capital markets reporting will be highly regarded, but we would be open to receiving applications from exceptional staff that have the aptitude and drive to develop the required transaction services skills or market skills.
Key responsibilities in this role include:
- Project management: Individuals will be responsible for the delivery of client facing projects, being the main day to day point of contact for senior client contacts.
- Team work: Individuals will be key team members on large complex assignments and will lead work streams on smaller and medium size engagements.
- Building relationships: Individuals will be required to build and sustain relationships with client management team members for the benefit of the Firm as well as acting as an ambassador and role model for the Firm.
- Developing people: Individuals will need to demonstrate the ability to give clear directions, as well as positive and constructive feedback. They will coach less experienced staff and actively assist in the development of others.
- Delivering quality service and time management: Individuals will be required to monitor and deliver high quality service to clients (both internal and external). They will need to be able to manage their own time, plan and organise work tasks, monitor progress and meet deadlines. Individuals will be proficient at managing multiple priorities.
- Advisory skills: Individuals will provide advice as a trusted adviser, using their skill, experience and understanding of transactions to the advantage of their client.
- Risk management: Individuals will be required to identify and manage risks and ensure the Firm's frameworks are implemented.
For more information please call +27 21 557 4952 or email email@example.com