Software Test Engineers
- Responsible for the design and development of test plans and test cases based on system design documentation (requirement specifications, use cases etc.)
- Responsible for the execution of test plans.
- Able to support Business Users during user acceptance testing
- Log defects during the test execution phase.
- Investigate potential defects in conjunction with Project Manager and/or development team.
- In conjunction with the development team, isolate root cause of defects and drive the resolution of defects.
- Select appropriate test methodology for various system components.
- Work closely with project personnel to ensure issues/bugs are clearly and actionably described and recorded.
- Participate in development review meetings to provide feedback on design (product and technical) and user scenarios.
- Create QA status report for assigned projects detailing trend analysis and application reliability metrics as required.
- Report test results to the Project Delivery Manager which clearly identifies areas of concern.
- Document process steps for the recreation of bugs/issues.
Software Test Engineer
- A thorough, demonstrable understanding of the software development life-cycle.
- Strong Java experience and experience of installing and working in Eclipse IDE.
- The ability to create automated test scripts in Selenium Web Driver (note, Web Driver, not Selenium IDE or ‘Record and Playback’).
- A good understanding of the fundamentals of quality management and measurement within an IT context.
- Ability to provide system load assessments as part of testing phase.
- Understanding of current usability and accessibility best practice
- Good knowledge of Windows 7 environment.
- Understanding of specific user needs in charity or membership organisations
- Graduate in an IT related discipline.
- Practical knowledge of the .NET development platform.
- Two years’ experience in a similar QA role.
- Experience working alongside internal and external development teams.
- Experience in testing applications across multiple platforms and browsers.
- Practical experience of Bug/Issue tracking software – in particular Jira and Microsoft TFS (Team Foundation Server)
- Experience using Team Foundation Server (TFS) source control Eclipse plug-in
Get Jobs Like This By Email
Email This Job To A Friend