1. Develop and implement policies, procedures and operating philosophy for all procurement, subcontracting and supply chain activities.
2. Monitor and guide Procurement department personnel.
3. Ensure that all Procurement personnel are adequately trained for the functions expected of them.
4. Prioritize and manage timely execution of all procurement activities including issuance of inquiries/ RFQs / RFPs, evaluation of offers, placement of Orders, deliveries of goods and services using a range of subcontracts and contract management techniques.
5. Negotiate best prices and terms for the Orders/ Contracts.
6. Participate in projects reviews and strategize project based purchasing, expediting, supplier quality control to help ensure project completion ahead of schedule.
7. Keep a track of global commodity market, vendor shop capacities for all project and construction resources. Maintain a database of lead time for major equipment.
8. Develop and implement an pre-qualification system for suppliers of goods and services and maintain a data base of the same.
9. Introduce vendor assessment techniques to measure performance and quality of goods and services.
10. Implement material inspection procedures and strategies, including coordination with internal and third party inspection agencies.
11. Maintain relationships with senior management of vendors and contractors. Ensure proactive resolution of any vendor problems and/or related conflicts.
12. Market intelligence including information about Competitors, prospective Clients and Government policies and regulations.
13. Develop new Vendors for goods and services.
14. Ensure inter and intra departmental coordination.
15. Budgeting for the Department.
16. Timely processing of Vendor invoices for payments.
17. Provide costing information to Marketing and Execution.
Key Qualifications and Competencies
· MBA from a Premier institute.
· Electrical / Mechanical Engineer.
· At least 10 years of experience of procurement for EPC projects with a minimum of 2 years as Procurement Head handling procurements of 200Cr+ per annum.
· Strong business acumen, planning and prioritization and negotiation skills.
· Strong interpersonal written and verbal communication skills.
· High level of integrity.