A leading international hotel and leisure company with more than 1,200 properties in 100 countries.
The group is a fully integrated owner, operator and franchisor of hotels, resorts and residences with international renowned brands.
A landmark 5 star luxury hotel recently re-opened after extensive renovation.
The hotel features 435 luxury rooms and suites, ten outlets and extensive space for up to 5,000 guests.
Food and Beverage Director – Banquet Operations: The role reports to EAM F & B. The person is responsible for effectively monitoring the daily operations of the Conference & Conventions, including providing support and guidance to the team members to ensure a successful and effective operation ending in a positive guest experience.
- Review all written communication, i.e. resumes, daily & weekly Functions. Event Orders to determine appropriate staffing levels, room / station assignments, buffet décor and enhancements as they relate to various functions and events and meeting room set-ups. Communicate all changes within the department and makes adjustments according to the above items. Communicate information to the kitchen and other supportive departments prior to and during events. Also responsible for planning developing and promoting use of the hotel facilities for banquets and outside catering, functions and supervising the service to booked functions.
- Responsible for maintaining a strong client relationship and ensuring that all convention specifications are communicated to and executed by all hotel operating departments making for a successful meeting experience for the meeting planners and attendees. Maintain constant communication with the Convention Service / Catering Sales Manager as it applies to the client at hand.
- Responsible for the appropriate and timely set up of all functions and meetings while maintaining standards of food, beverage and meeting specifications. Communicate all daily activities, in person or by log, to the other banquet personnel to ensure smooth transition and follow up from one function to another
- Responsible for the development and maintenance of all policies, procedures and quality standards within the department, utilizing a continuous improvement approach to ensure a high quality, cost effective and customer focused operation.
- Responsible for the development and implementation of training plan to ensure a high quality presentation and level of customer service within the banquet service / function service associates
- Minimum five years related experience in the hospitality sector
- Five star luxury hotel exposure is required
- Previous GCC experience is required
- Fluency in Arabic is preferred
- Knowledge of Micros system
- Ability to manage operations for large amount of guests
- Ability to manage a team of 50-100 associates required
- Knowledge of Arabic and International Cuisine
- Great operation management and time management skills
- Extensive knowledge of Food & Beverage
- Great organizational and problem solving skills with emphasis on “people management"
- Knowledge of food trends and special seasonal foods
- Knowledge of hygiene, sanitation, health & safety aspects, HACCP
- Female candidates are encouraged to apply
Please apply only if you meet all of the above criteria.
Please send your CVs to email@example.com