- Lead the OSP Design function for a large operator in the Middle East, assisting Implementation Management in all OSP Planning and Design related matters.
Job Description and Responsibilities
- Bachelor’s degree in Telecommunication Engineering.
- At least 10 years of experience on FTTx (planning/design/implementation) and a minimum of 15 years of professional experience in the Telecom sector
- Good Presentation, Time Management and English Language skills.
- Good technical writing skills
- Good knowledge of mobile networks backhauling and PSTN Networks.
- In depth knowledge of FTTx solutions and architecture, GPON as well as PtP
- Thorough experience in network planning and design of fiber access networks, particularly in Fundamental Planning
- Experience with access networks civil works planning / design / implementation
- Knowledge of Telcordia Network Engineer 5.0 and ARC/GIS
- Experienced in working with contractors, design reviews, quality control and approvals.
- Tender preparation experience on relevant equipment is necessary
- Coach the Planning teams for a full understanding of the Fundamental planning model
- in accordance with HQ guidelines.
- Quality check the Cluster-Fundamental Plans produced by Fundamental Planning and
- solve in the shortest delays any quality discrepancies or lack of information.
- Coordinate with the Planning staff to guarantee proper understanding and utilization
- of the Engineering guidelines at the Planning stage.
- Support the Fundamental Planning Team in HQ regards scope negotiations with BUs.
- Control the Scope received from NW Planning and ISP Design for OSP design &
- Design Outside Plant Networks for
Point to point connectivity : Mobile backhauling, xDSL Access Nodes (MSAN, VDSL, etc).
Point to Multipoing connectivity: FTTH-GPON Access Nodes (Greenfield and Brownfield).
Any type of OSP infrastructure, for copper and fiber networks
Any type of Civil works required for cable and OSP equipment installation.
- Develop future OSP access network strategies, access architecture and network roadmaps in order to meet the business targets for service delivery as well as reducing OPEX and CAPEX.
- Leverage a strong knowledge of technology trends for the selection of the most cost effective and best practice OSP access network solutions.
- Assist the operator’s Standards & Specifications department in the development of any Technical Documentation for OSP Components and materials. Coordinate with international OSP material providers the approval of their products. Engineer new materials adapted to network deployment needs.
- Lead the development of the Engineering guidelines and standards as well as the Implementation Procedures and materials (Civil Works, Cable installation, Materials) for FTTH deployment.
- Coach the OSP staff in the regions to guarantee proper understanding and utilization of the Engineering guidelines at the Design and Implementation stages.
- Contribute to the analysis and enhancement of Business processes and procedures to maintain and improve the work efficiency/performance across the NW Sector.
- Review and approval of designs for fiber/copper network infrastructure and civil works delivered by OSP Contrators.
- Challenge and critically review the contractors designs to ensure that they provide the best balance between engineering requirements (particullarly from Fundamental Planning), cost, feasibility and time to market
- QC OSP access network BoQs produced by contractors.
- Coordinate with the regional and HQ PMOs to resolve any issues with Design and/or Implementation contractors.
- Prepare weekly management reports on OSP Design activities.
- Support implementation activities of OSP access related projects
- Involvement with the regional planning, design and engineering of the fixed access network in the broadest sense.
- Deeply study the Regional OSP structure, processes and weaknesses. Propose and implement improvement actions/changes at all levels.
- OSP Design staff performance evaluation and suggestions for improvement of all jobs
- related to FTTX OSP design & implementation.