Enterprise: A leading French Distributer
Job Title: Life Science Sale Manager
Salary: Annual Gross Salary: 90 000 RON + incentive
Type of Job: Full Time
Estimated starting date: 01/07/2016
Our client, a French multinational distributor of specialty chemicals headquartered in Paris-La Défense (France), develops and provides a large range of polymers, materials and additives for the rubber, coatings, pharmaceuticals and cosmetics industries.
The Group is present in all major countries of the European Union, as well as in Turkey, and China with on-going strategic development in Eastern European countries and the United Sates.
In 2015, our client posted nearly 465 M€ of revenues pro forma.
Romania subsidiary is a one stop sourcing and distribution specialist with an extensive range of chemicals, oils and additives used by the rubber, plastics, coating. The company represents some of the best known names in the industry.
- No 1 in European rubber industry for specialty chemicals distribution
- €450 million of consolidated turnover (including commissioned sales) in 2015
- 80% of the consolidated turnover is from Europe
- 430 employees in 2015
Romania company is a subsidiary of the Group: Started in 2007 – with current turnover up to 2MM. fully integrated with storage capability for local needs.
From supplier to end-user: a complete range of services
The development of our client is based on the distribution, preparation and commercialisation of specialty chemicals for rubber industry, thermoplastics, adhesives, coatings, cosmetics and pharmaceuticals.
· An international network of experts in processes of the chemical industry
· Prized partnerships with the suppliers
· The skill of marine and land logistic
· Guarantees of quality and traceability
To achieve this, our client must offer excellent service in distribution, commerce, production and marketing on behalf of our suppliers. Our client’s strategy involves developing the added value of these services (such as technical advice, logistics) and improving performance. In so doing, we strive to meet both the needs of our customers and those of our suppliers.
Because risk management is inherent to our distribution activities and in view of optimizing our working organization and procedures and minimizing the impact of our activities on the environment, our client follows the main goals of Responsible Care.
General about the role:
Our client is looking for a dynamic person who is customer orientated and takes pride on delivering a high level of customer service.
This role will involve regular travel on a weekly basis throughout Romania (Up to 50%). The successful candidate will need to have tenacity to maintain this on a long term basis. Therefore, it is important that they have the capability to use their own initiative and work independently.
With a “can do” positive attitude who uses initiative to quickly establish long-term relationships with their customers and suppliers. The successful candidate will be expected to understand the technical nature of the raw materials so that they can introduce raw materials into new formulations.
This role will also involve selling to commercial teams and this will involve the ability to negotiate pricing with customers and suppliers. The overall objective of the role is to grow both the turnover and profitability of cosmetic market as a priority, nutraceutical and pharma.
This position reports administratively to Romania Managing Director.
A full training program will be provided.
Ensures the Sales & commercial management for customers in territory.
• Regular customer visits in Romania to develop new business and establishing new customers
• Achieving agreed sales targets
• Quoting and negotiating with customers and suppliers
• Tracking projects and overcoming any hurdles wherever possible
• Providing a high quality customer service
• Liaising and influencing other departments within the company to ensure the customer receives a high quality customer service level.
• Keeping the Principals up dated on projects
• Identifying trends within the market and sharing ideas on how to grow the business
• Awareness of competitor activity and market share
• Attending exhibitions and industry events
• Prevents and manages the conflicts of any nature with customers.
• Internal support to organisation in Romania.
Qualification and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry Chemical/Biological / Pharma required
• Advanced degree Master preferred.
• A minimum of 3/5 years of experience in similar Cosmetic, nutrition, personal care products
• Experience in Detergent Industry will be appreciate.
• Proactive – Flexible – Enthusiastic - Confident
• Team player able to interact with different people at different levels and with different culture
• Excellent clear concise communicator
• Ability to use own initiative
• Problem solver
• Self-motivated, must be able to work independently
• Desire to travel on a regular long-term basis
• Able to analyse - Organized approach
• Detail oriented
• Competence IT user
• Full driving License
• Fluent in English (Spoken, Written)