- The company has contract with a leading network operator in the country for the execution of network design activities. To this end, a team of approx. 100 consultants is co-located with and works on a daily basis with the operator and equipment vendors to achieve the operators’ objectives.
- The Wireline Access Network Design Director will manage a team of about 20 consultants in the Wireline area in support of FTTH and VDSL roll-outs.
- The ideal candidate will come from a Tier 1 or 2 public Telecom network operators where he has been involved with Planning, Design and Engineering of the fixed access network in the broadest sense. He should have been leading a team of engineers responsible for design of Fiber and Copper OSP as well as access electronics for FTTx and xDSL
- Design and Engineering of:
o xDSL Access Nodes, both for CO as well as street deployment
o GPON Access Nodes, for Greenfield as well as brownfield deployment
o OSP infrastructure, copper as well as fiber
o Civil works related to cable as well as equipment placement
- Estimated 2012 project volumes
o 500.000 homes passed with GPON
o 1800 VDSLAM street cabinets
- Prepare the design plans for migration of legacy (TDM, ATM) access nodes to NGN network solutions, e.g. RAN replacement, LE replacement
- Develop future access network strategies, access architecture development and network roadmaps in order to meet the business targets for service delivery as well as reducing OPEX and CAPEX.
- Leverage a strong knowledge of technology trends for the selection of the most cost effective and best practice access network solutions.
- Develop access network BoQs and request for quotations, participate in price and scope negotiations with vendors to finalize the annual project scope and budgets.
- Create and apply necessary processes and procedures to maintain and improve the work efficiency/performance.
- Support implementation activities of access related projects
Expertise and Skills
- Solid, deep technical understanding of all design and engineering aspects for wireline access nodes and networks including copper and fiber OSP
- In depth knowledge of traditional copper solutions and architecture
- In depth knowledge of FTTx solutions and architecture, GPON as well as PtP
- Experience with network planning/design for access networks
- Experience with access networks civil works planning / design
- Experience with copper migration / cutover scenarios, both in CO as well as street cabinets
- Experience with NSN, Huawei, and Alcatel-Lucent, Ericsson and Fujitsu equipment ranges
- Ability to manage a multi-national team of engineers in a challenging, culturally diverse environment
- Ability to deal with tight deadlines and multiple concurrent urgent issues
- Directly reporting to the Project Director
- Close cooperation (“partnership”) with Wireline Design Director of the operator, sharing organizational objectives
- MSc in Electrical Engineering, Telecommunications, Electronics or equivalent from a recognized university.
- A minimum of 12 years relevant experience in wireline access network design
- A minimum of 7 years relevant managerial experience
- Fluent in English, speaking and writing
- Arabic would be an advantage