The Chief Technical Officer’s role is to assure the successful execution of the company’s business mission through development and deployment of the company’s Network. This requires envisioning the company network and operations, leading implementation and rollout of the network equipment, being on the top of all the integration projects with all our clients, and planning for risk and growth.
- In partnership with the company’s leadership, identify opportunities and risks for delivering the company’s services , including identification of competitive services, opportunities for innovation, and assessment of marketplace obstacles and technical hurdles to the business success.
- Identify technology trends and evolving social behavior that may support or impede the success of the business.
- Evaluate and identify appropriate technology platforms for delivering the company’s services.
- Lead strategic planning to achieve business goals by identifying and prioritizing development initiatives and setting timetables for the evaluation, development, and deployment of all services.
- Participate as a member of the senior management team in establishing governance processes of direction and control to ensure that objectives are achieved, risks are managed appropriately and the organization’s resources are used responsibly
- Collaborate with the appropriate departments to assess and recommend technologies that support company organizational needs.
- Establish a governance process that meets government, partner, and company expectations for customer information privacy.
- Communicate the company’s technology strategy to the company leadership, management, staff, partners, customers, and stakeholders.
- Conduct code reviews and specification conformance testing as defined by the selected software development methodology
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of technology standards, industry trends, emerging technologies, network performance best practices by attending relevant conferences and reading widely (including reading your peers’ blogs!).
- Define and communicate company values and standards for acquiring or developing systems, equipment, or software within the company.
- Ensure that technology standards and best practices are maintained across the organization.
- Share knowledge, mentor, and educate the organization’s investors, management, staff, partners, customers, and stakeholders with regard to the company’s technological vision, opportunities, and challenges.
- Ensure company technical problems are resolved in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- Establish standards of performance and monitor conformance for staff (through performance review) and vendors (through service level agreements).
- University degree in the field of computer science, business administration, or another rigorous discipline. An advanced degree in one these fields is a plus
- Minimum of 10 years experience in the similar role
- Fluency in French and English is non negotiable
- Previous Telecom /ISP working experience in both Africa and Europe are required