Group Payroll Manager
- Completed financial qualification essential.
- Further education in Compensation and Rewards Management – advantageous.
- Registered with SARA as a rewards specialist.
Skills & Experience:
- Minimum 6 years’ experience in the Payroll field in a medium to large organisation.
- Experience in the manufacturing sector essential.
- Broad knowledge of best remuneration practices and expatriate remuneration.
- Extensive Payroll processing experience.
- Demonstrating financial management and budgeting skills.
- Independent mindedness.
- Detail conscientious with strong numeric and analytical skills.
- Organisational skills to manage records, data and to meet deadlines.
- Advanced computer literacy (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and other web-based applications).
- Excellent communication and influencing skills.
- Ability to work in a complex, challenging and confidential environment.
- South African citizens only.
- Lead and provide direction to the payroll departments of all the divisions within the company to deliver accurate and quality payroll service to all employees.
- Control and operate the company’s payrolls in line with legislation and group policy.
- Plan and execute a payroll strategy to harmonise and synchronise the processes and policies used in each payroll to the eventual integration of the payrolls.
- Advise on and implement group policies.
- Ensure that payroll protocols and controls are in place across all the divisions and make sure these are documented.
- Coordinate and implement continuous payroll audits at a company level.
- Manage and coordinate all payroll-related projects, for example the implementation of payroll system upgrades across all divisions within the company.
- Produce accurate and timely reporting of all data as required by the business, including month-end reports.
- Facilitate the reconciliation & submission process of midyear & tax year ends to the relevant tax authorities.
- Provide leadership to the payroll administers/supervisors in respect of performance required and development needs.
- Ensure that all payroll staff is trained on new updates, e.g. legislative, systems etc. as required.
- Provide an advisory service to people management and senior management team at a company level regarding the payroll process and requirements.
- Ensure that ad-hoc deductions are processed accurately.
- Oversee and authorise supervisors’ monthly general ledgers and journals.
- Maintain RL system with parameter changes as required by legislation and Business requirements.
- Attend to queries and resolve problems that are escalated by the payroll team.
- Assist with the preparations for the annual salary review & wage negotiation processes.
- Liaising with payroll regarding implementation of salaries & communication of increases within set timeframes by communicating with all relevant parties.
- Consulting with internal business partners, such as department heads and management, to assess benefits, compensation and compliance needs.
- Educate, mentor and train HR staff on processes and professional practices within these areas.
- stay on top of changing legislation and tax laws impacting on employee benefits.
- Required to research and make recommendations on retirement, insurance plans & benefits.
- Responsible for accurate data collection and analysis, as well as maintaining accurate employee records.
- Prepare monthly reports for the business by understanding the analytics.
- Management & facilitation of the company’s internal share based compensation schemes.
- Statistical analysis of remuneration for the Group.
- Providing external and internal benchmark information to management and assisting with the interpretation of the data.
Get Jobs Like This By Email
Email This Job To A Friend