Relevant graduate degree in Statistics, Finance, Mathematics or Actuarial Science.
Relevant post-graduate qualification (Hons / Masters) with majors in Statistics, Finance, Mathematics or Actuarial Science will be advantageous.
Skills & Experience:
At least 3 years’ experience in a reporting/analysis role, including experience in and understanding of database structure design and data extraction principles.
Business Analysis & Requirements gathering.
Financial systems & procedures.
Database design principle.
The ability to work under pressure.
Writing and Reporting skills.
South African citizens only.
· Responsible for effectively and efficiently addressing client queries / questions.
· Maintain integrity of existing reports or analysis affecting area.
· Follow-up with relevant “upstream” IT departments with regards to issues.
· Be resilient and escalate to Head: BI or Team Leader if needed.
· Ask relevant questions to ensure understanding of the core business need driving the specific request.
· Interact with business users on a business level to understand the potential risk / business impact of need.
· Translate business needs into technical/system requirements applicable to IT and various other technically focused departments.
· Ensure the business requirement is clearly documented using the formal Project Request Form.
· Include projected timelines to address business need.
· Discuss business requirement and timelines with Head: BI or Team Leader in order to prioritise tasks.
· During engagement with Head: BI or Team Leader.
· Estimate the impact / potential risk of business issue.
· Provide the relevant / specific detailed information upon request
· Management of database:
· Ensure data integrity of company data warehouse.
· Management of data flows & processes to clients.
· Responsible for the development of new reports.
· Maintenance & enhancement of existing reports.
· Distribution of reports to clients (may utilise Reporting Analyst).
· Analysis (cause and effect):
· End-to-end data driven analysis to address business need.
· Identify potential business “triggers” that impact reports.
· Modelling (only relevant to some roles):
· Development of most appropriate statistical model based on specific business need.
· Prepare formal communication / feedback to stakeholders on developed report or requested analysis in an understandable format.