SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Degree in Civil Engineering.
- Professional Registration with ECSA as a Pr. Eng.
- Postgraduate experience of at least 6 years in the design of large bridges, freeway interchanges and related transportation structures.
- A sound knowledge of Prokon and Strap.
- Familiar with Bridge Design Standards of SANRAL and Local Government Departments.
- Sound knowledge of both Structural Steel and Reinforced Concrete Bridge Design.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Good time management skills, be pro-active, practical and dedicated.
NOTE: Candidates who have a B.Tech in civil engineering together with at least 10 years relevant postgraduate experience in the design of freeways bridges, interchanges will be considered for appointment as a Bridge Design Technologist.
- Lead Junior Engineers and Technologists in planning and design on designated bridge projects.
- Liaise with the Divisional Head as necessary.
- Part of building a new dynamic Structural Team together with the Business Unit Manager
- Undertake the planning and design of Bridge Design projects.
- Client Liaison and Project Management
- Prepare tenders for bridge contracts as required.
- Business Development together with the Structures Business Unit Manager