One of our focus clients who are a statutory secretarial business providing excellent services and advise of multi- disciplinary professionals born out of a diversity if clients is looking for a Client Accounting Clerk to join their dynamic team.
Holds a Degree/Diploma in Accounting (minimum NQF level 5)
Experience, Skills and Competencies Requirements
1 - 2 years’ experience in an accounting role - must be able to do accounting up to annual financial statements.
MS Office Applications and in particular Pastel and Excel.
Caseware knowledge would be an advantage.
Ability to adhere to budgets and deadlines.
Ability to work under pressure and work overtime should the need arise.
Good interpersonal and communication skills, as the job entails liaising with clients.
Ability to work independently.
Ideally candidates should have a Code 8 driver’s license and their own transport.
Brief Key Performance Areas
• Daily liaison with clients.
• Prepare and manage (monthly and annual) client portfolios.
• Ensure that efficient and effective work standards are implemented and maintained.
• Writing up of journals, referencing and completion of working paper files.
• Drafting and completion of financial statements to discuss with partners.
• Ensure that financial statements, minutes and tax returns are ready for signature by a partner.
• All aspects of accounting to balance sheet.
• Processing in Pastel, or overseeing processing by processing staff.
• Preparing statutory and income tax returns.
• Preparing monthly management accounts.
If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful.