CA / CFA / Honours or Master in Finance.
Skills & Experience:
3 to 5 years of experience in all of the technical areas specified above.
Big-Four Corporate Finance or Transaction Advisory experience will be a plus.
Strong financial modelling and report writing skills with advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word).
M&A, Valuation and Due Diligence experience.
Drive and resilience.
Marketing and selling skills.
Strong client focus.
Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
Ability to build and sustain relationships with people at all levels, and across different cultures.
Ability to work independently whilst producing and delivering results.
Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills.
Pro-active and efficient.
South African citizens only.
The primary focus of this role will be on delivering the full range of Deal Advisory services:
- Corporate valuations, independent expert valuations, financial reporting valuations, dispute valuations and tax valuations.
- Financial statement analysis. Using both technical and analytical skills to perform buy side and sell side due diligence work on the accounting records and the business operation of a company subject to acquisition, and to identify deal issue.
- Report writing – highlighting key findings/deal issues that may impact the valuation of the business or that may be used as negotiation for the sale and purchase agreement so that our client can make an informed decision on their transaction.
- Mergers and acquisitions, including both buy and sell side mandates.
- Project managing auction disposal processes.
- Financial modelling for the purpose of preparing forecast and information memoranda for the purpose of disposal processes.
- Valuations based on DCF, market multiples, and comparative M&A transaction multiples.