Title: Team Leader –Hedge Funds (SA Funds)
Area: Cape Town, Southern Suburbs
Salary: R350 000.00 – R450 000.00 per annum
A privately owned global group in the investment funds / financial services industry for corporate and private clients has a position available for a Team Leader –Hedge Funds (SA Funds) who will be based in Cape Town, Southern Suburbs.
An accounting qualification (minimum B.Com or equivalent).
Skills & Experience:
3 years accounting experience and at least 6 months Fund Accounting experience; or
18 months plus Fund Accounting experience in asset management portfolio administration and pricing; and
A minimum of 6 months experience as a Senior Fund Accountant (SFA) within the local or offshore teams
In addition, the individual should have experience with hedge funds either locally or internationally.
IT and Systems Skills and Knowledge
Advanced level experience in using Excel, InvestOne, Decalog and other related systems;
Proven competence and an aptitude for working with systems.
Detailed understanding of funds and fee structures;
Previous experience in supervising a team and conducting colleague reviews;
Previous experience in dealing with clients;
Previous experience in mentoring of junior and new staff;
Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal);
Confident, enthusiastic and self-motivated;
South African citizens only.
The Incumbent will perform the accounting and administration of Hedge Funds within the Fund Accounting division. The individual will be required to manage staff, assisting with issues coming out of the operations, review of staff work and ensure processes are followed and standards are adhered. This individual will also oversee projects aimed at improving the processes within Fund Accounting.
Outline of main duties and responsibilities:
· Deal with client queries and audit queries;
· Ensuring the accurate calculation of Fund valuations, including NAV’s and accounting to TB;
· Communicating and answering any queries on the Funds from the team;
· Manage the output of the team according to the monthly production schedule;
· Perform valuation quality assurance valuation reviews and ensure consistent quality of output;
· Monitor and manage the performance of the team as well as individual team members;
· Implementation of projects, checks and controls to mitigate risk;
· Management of staff in taking on new funds allocated;
· Participate and lead training applicable for the team.
If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful.