Area: Cape Town, Southern Suburbs
Salary: R 400 000.00 – R 450 000.00
A privately owned global group in the investment funds / financial services industry for corporate and private clients has a position available for an Accountant who will be based in Cape Town, Mowbray.
B.Comm degree – a postgraduate accounting qualification and completed articles at a medium sized auditing firm would be an advantage.
Skills & Experience:
At least 1-2 years practical experience in auditing or accounting, ideally in the professional or financial services industry;
Has extensive exposure of accounting on foreign, listed investments, unlisted investments, and property transactions;
Has extensive accounting experience and proven experience in preparing annual financial statements for local and foreign trusts and companies, which hold material portfolios, property and unlisted shares;
Fluent in Portuguese and have strong writing skills in the Portuguese language (will be a great advantage);
Passionate about service and service excellence, with a ‘will do, can do’ attitude – demonstrating a
Flexible and dynamic with an enthusiastic approach – with a positive and upbeat attitude;
Has excellent skills to communicate confidently, professionally and effectively with clients, staff and management (verbal and or written);
Has the ability to work well both under supervision as a member of a team, as well as independently if required.
South African citizens only.
The successful applicant will work as a member of the Private and Corporate Client Accounting and Tax Compliance Services team and will deal with the day-to-day duties of accounting services for a portfolio of Company’s RSA clients, that is assigned to him/her.
Outline of main duties and responsibilities
· Provide day-to-day accounting and other services to allocated clients from various jurisdictions;
· Prepare interim reports, management accounts and statutory annual accounts in accordance with applicable accounting standards - knowledge of consolidation and IFRS would be an advantage;
· Assist other team members and review their work where appropriate and when requested by the Manager;
· Carrying out, on a timely basis, all administrative tasks assigned to him/her by the Manager;
· Applying standard procedures to facilitate the rendering of quality services to clients in a consistent, effective and efficient manner and exercising quality control to ensure that all accounting reports conform to set standards;
· Assisting to ensure that clients’ files (be it electronic or paper based) are organised, complete and up to date;
· Develop and maintain good working relationships with clients and other internal role-players (e.g. administrators, lawyers, associates, etc.);
· Record all time spent accurately to facilitate invoicing and internal reporting;
· Provide assistance with various analysis and special projects, as required;
· Meet own and contribute to the achievement of the team’s Key Performance Indicators, goals and deadlines;
· Identify and contribute to the mitigation of risks;
· Assist with training of team members, be it by possibly writing training notes for distribution, or one-on-one or telephonic training (with outsource staff working from another jurisdiction); and
· Additional duties may be assigned from time to time, as required.
If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful.
For more information please call 021 557 4952 or email firstname.lastname@example.org