Title: Assistant Manager: Group Office Finance (AA)
Area: Cape Town, Northern Suburbs
Salary: R450 000.00 – R580 000.00 ctc
One of South Africa’s major financial services groups has an opportunity for an Assistant Manager in their Group Office Finance department.
Chartered Accountant (South Africa) CA (SA); OR
Bachelor of Commerce Accounting with 5 years experience in financial accounting.
Skills & Experience:
2-5 years experience in a financial accountant/manager role, depending on qualification.
Interpreting legislation with regard to Value Added Tax (VAT), Income Tax and Broad-Based Black Economic Empowerment (BBBEE) codes.
Sound knowledge of international Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS).
Sound knowledge TAX legislation.
Knowledge of Broad-Based Black Economic Empowerment (BBBEE) legislation.
South African citizens only.
· Ensure that month end reporting is consolidated and updated with the necessary commentary on all areas within the Group Office.
· Monthly reconciliations are to be reviewed and necessary action taken.
· Detailed planning, co-ordination as well as the consolidation of the entire annual budget process across the Group Office.
· Be responsible for the financial reporting of the Foundation in terms of the Annual Financial Statements, Tax and Value Added Tax (VAT) returns as well as advice on optimal spend and benefit for the entire Group.
· Provide specialist advice and assistance with the Broad-Based Black Economic Empowerment (BBBEE).
· Ensure that approval of payments is within the terms and conditions of all Group Office contracts, per the contact register.
· Ensure that policies remain updated and relevant in the Group Office.
· Provide assistance and support with year-end and Audit and adjust processes, practices and controls where necessary.
· People management.
· Stand-in for Manager when required.
If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful.
For more information please call 021 557 4952 or email email@example.com