A privately owned global group in the investment funds / financial services industry for corporate and private clients has a position available for a Client Accountant who will be based in Cape Town, Southern Suburbs.
B.Com or similar in Accounting, Economics or Investments (Must have had Investments as a subject)
Skills & Experience:
Have minimum of 1 years’ experience as a hedge fund accountant advantageous;
Experience in Asset Management portfolio administration and pricing;
Experience with investment products (including hedge funds) either locally or internationally an advantage;
IT and Systems Skills and Knowledge;
A good working knowledge of systems or an aptitude for working with systems, specifically Advent Geneva;
An excellent working knowledge of MS office & IT packages (particularly Excel);
Knowledge of Invest One and Decalog an advantage.
Good understanding, knowledge and experience of back office administration processes and accounting;
Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal);
Confident, enthusiastic and self-motivated;
A track record of achievement and to work independently in meeting deadlines and still work within a team environment track record of achievement.
South African citizens only.
The primary responsibility of this position is to manage, administer and account for the investment products (including hedge funds) within the Hedge Fund Administration division. The individual will be required to administer the funds efficiently, accurately and within daily deadlines as well as setting up and ensuring checklists and standards are adhered to.
Outline of main duties and responsibilities
· Providing mentorship and guidance to junior accountants, and reviewing all fund valuations prepared by them, and ensuring the accurate calculation of fund valuations, including NAV’s and accounting to TB;
· Generation and distribution of investor statements and contract notes;
· Responsibility for the accounting, valuation, and reporting of certain client funds that are more complex in nature;
· Reviewing all processes to assess continuous improvement and automation opportunities, and presenting recommendations to management;
· Responsibility for maintaining and continuously updating the process documentation;
· Communicating and responding to queries internally and from the client, assisting team leaders and managers in resolving such queries;
· Dealing with client queries and audit queries;
· Communicating and answering any queries on the funds from the team;
· Performing valuation quality assurance reviews and ensuring consistent quality of output;
· Management and oversight of production schedule and client deliverables in the team leader’s absence;
· Assisting Implementation of projects, checks and controls to mitigate risk;
· Co-ordination of the induction program for new joiners.
If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful.