Title: Corporate Services – Corporate Secretarial Administrator
Area: Cape Town, Southern Suburbs
Salary: R 300 000.00 – R 350 000.00
A privately owned global group in the investment funds / financial services industry for corporate and private clients has a position available for a Corporate Services – Corporate Secretarial Administrator who will be based in Cape Town, Mowbray.
B.Law / B.Com or CIS Qualification.
Skills & Experience:
The administration of International structures (preferable) or a minimum of 2-3 years’ recent experience in the fund industry and in the administration of funds and related structures.
Have the ability to motivate and work as a member of a team.
Have the ability to communicate effectively with clients, staff and management in a number of different jurisdictions.
Be highly organised with a systematic work method and good attention to detail.
Have excellent relationship skills and an international outlook.
Have an ability to prioritise and plan a challenging workload.
South African citizens only.
Learning and development:
You will receive training on a day to day basis by coaching and mentoring.
Personal development plan will be agreed on an annual basis.
Attendance to internal training including webinars, workshops and workgroups as may be required.
Attendance at external seminars and training events as may be required.
The person will work as part of a new Workgroup within the Private & Corporate Client Services team in Cape Town and will deal with all aspects of administration of offshore funds and related management companies using our investment services platform. Training will be provided as necessary.
Outline of main duties and responsibilities
· Annual Company registration.
· Monitor regulatory and legislative changes that impact on the fund structures.
· Regulatory submissions and ad-hoc statutory requests are dealt with.
· Prepare and arrange Board and Shareholder meetings, including facilities to support such meetings.
· Prepare and distribute Shareholder notices.
· Minute meetings.
· Prepare resolutions or minute extracts as required.
· Prepare and arrange for agreements to be documented and signed.
· Prepare and ensure changes to offering documentation are adopted and lodged.
· Ensure changes to Directors and functionaries are appropriately approved and lodged.
· Manage anti-money laundering queries.
· Liaison with Registered agents, Regulatory Authority and Authorised Representatives.
· Liaison with bankers to manage their requirements including opening of bank, broker and custody accounts.
· Assist with the company secretarial elements of taking on new funds or setting up new funds/classes/portfolios including all.
· KYC related matters.
· Assist with the company secretarial elements (and legalities) of closure of funds, relinquishing licenses etc.
· Liaison with Board of Directors and fund managers.
· Regular account reviews to ascertain any changes in risk ratings, etc.
· Liaise with clients (both internal and/or external), professional advisors and other third parties.
· Have and demonstrate technical knowledge.
· Demonstrate an understanding of transactions.
· Ensure files are maintained in a correct manner.
· Review financial statements.
· Contribute to the achievement of the team’s Key Performance indicators.
· Recognise and contribute to the mitigation of risks.
· Application of technical skills.
· Participate in ad-hoc projects when required.
· Liaise with clients, intermediaries and Key Account Managers.
If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful.
For more information please call 021 557 4952 or email firstname.lastname@example.org