A privately owned global group in the investment funds / financial services industry for corporate and private clients has a position available for a Manager – Institutional Client Administrator (Corporate Actions) who will be based in Cape Town, Southern Suburbs.
Skills & Experience:
A minimum of 5 years Portfolio/Asset administration experience.
At least 3 years previous management experience;
Strong numerical and analytical skills;
Attention to detail;
Must be able to inspire and lead a team;
Excellent communication and writing skills.
South African citizens only.
The primary function of this role is the management of the corporate actions team, ensuring the input, update and verification of all Corporate Action Events into the current investment systems, updating static data and prices, together with the checking of data loaded across all systems are completed accurately and timeously.
Outline of main duties and responsibilities:
· Updating of the system with all corporate events and the verification of these events;
· Allocation of daily workload;
· Ownership of the day to day management of the corporate events team;
· Participation in medium and long term planning as well as projects that touch corporate events;
· Act as a coach and mentor for team leaders and ensure that their development needs are addressed;
· Input on a regular basis into the update of process documentation changes arising due to changes in Market information, procedures and additional responsibilities allocated to the individual;
· Achieving deliverables against agreed deadlines and managing expectations of clients;
· Working hours will be from 8 am to 5 pm given that prices and data need to be verified by end of business day. Back-ups will be in place to allow some flexibility in this time schedule;
If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful.