Title: Treasury Manager
Area: Cape Town
Salary: R850 000.00 – R 1 100 000.00 ctc
My client is a giant in the FMCG sector listed on both Namibian (NSX) and JSE stock exchanges. We are seeking an extremely proactive and flexible individual that is able to work in teams and deal autonomously with different tasks at once. If this sounds like you and you match the required criteria, then apply now!!
MBA, CFA and/or CPA strongly desired.
Skills & Experience:
Extensive (10+ years) company experience in a variety of Finance / Treasury / Investment management positions.
Highest level of integrity and ethics, as reflected in past experience and by references is essential.
Demonstrated and significant experience managing highly complex financial instruments and setting over-all strategy as it relates to capital market, portfolio management, financial risk management and creating and analysing pro-forma financial requirements.
Extensive experience risk management, corporate development/ M&A and corporate financial analysis.
Command of Excel. Experience in developing complex excel models for use in valuation, risk analysis, forecasting and scenario analysis.
Must possess a high level of initiative, excellent analytical, interpersonal and communication skills; the ability to interact with senior management levels and work in a fast-paced environment, strong maths skills, problem analysis and problem solution skills; and a high degree of professionalism.
Must be able to take projects and manage to completion. Negotiation and presentation skills also required.
Strong leadership and interpersonal skills, strong business acumen and technical expertise in all areas of global finance and accounting.
Be able to travel internationally.
South African citizens only.
The Treasurer serves as the financial backbone for the company’s financial and senior management. It is an integral part of the finance leadership in driving financial strategy. This position works directly for the CFO to develop liquidity, debt reduction, debt management, and review risk and implement asset allocation and investment strategies to support the achievement of our corporate financial goals. This position will be responsible for analysis, implementation and management of a wide range of projects. Therefor an extensive background in a wide variety of finance is essential. The Treasurer is responsible for treasury operations for all affiliated companies including cash management and reporting, projection of future financial position and budget requirements, as well as executing the investment plan and monitoring results. The risk management function including procurement of business insurance to meet the Company’s risk management needs is the responsibility of the Treasurer. The Treasurer provides guidance and coaching to financial analysts to develop information and analysis in support of to the finance group functions including: supporting operation groups, providing financial, business and data analyses, and participating in strategic planning, forecasting, capital allocation and analysis while coordinating global borrowing.
· Responsible for the management of treasury activities including cash management, managing short-term investments and trade settlement procedures, maintenance of banking relationships and debt compliance, manage working capital needs, and monitoring market activity.
· Makes recommendations and sets strategy (subject to CFO approval) regarding cash management and other treasury issues.
· Develop and manage financial models to forecast the Company’s cash/liquidity position. Work with the management of the operating companies on understanding the cash and liquidity forecasts and deviations from forecast.
· Provide financial analysis, modelling, and recommendations for cash management and corporate finance projects (capital structure, debt, brother / sister company funding requirements, dividend policy, rating agency relationships, and investment policy and strategy).
· Ensure investment and borrowing strategies, policies and procedures meet corporate objectives and needs. Acts as corporate liaison in conducting business with outside financial institutions.
· Implements investment strategies set by the Board of Directors. Manages cash accounts and invests available funds according to established parameters.
· Oversees banking relationships and maintains external communication with pertinent financial institutions. Assist in reviewing / recommending changes to investment managers and asset allocations.
· Assist with real estate, lease and other unique investment transactions.
· Manages the risk management program.
· Analytical support in investment and liquidity management – asset allocation, manager selection, performance tracking, investment guidelines and compliance.
· Ad-hoc projects related to asset management.
If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful.
For more information please call 021 557 4952 or email firstname.lastname@example.org