Title: Treasury and Tax: Treasury Analyst
Area: Cape Town
Salary: R 450 000.00 – R 550 000.00 ctc
To deliver a financial control function within the specialized Treasury function covering disclosure, valuation and completeness of transactions. To support the Group Treasury Manager with a specialized knowledge of International IAS 39 and the applications and implications to the Group. The preparation and maintenance of detailed financial models, as well as the reporting thereof. My client is a giant in the retail / FMCG sector; if you believe that you are up for this challenge then apply now!!
Qualified CA (SA) – non-negotiable.
Skills & Experience:
CA (SA) - 1 - 3 years post qualifying experience with clear evidence of technical treasury competence.
Clear evidence of financial modelling experience.
Evidence of top quartile performance.
Strong financial modelling and advanced Microsoft Excel experience essential.
Hedge accounting experience would be advantageous.
Able to develop and produce clear financial interpretation of complex treasury matters.
Able to communicate complex and often contentious matters to a wide range of audiences both verbally and in writing.
Able to manage others around them - both internal and external customers (buying groups and audit teams) under significant deadline-orientated pressure.
Able to effectively use latest decision support technologies (e.g. advanced excel, Qlikview, Tradestream).
Able to design, develop and implement new processes and procedures.
South African citizens only.
· In-depth, specialised knowledge of IAS 39 at the highest professional level required to account for financial treasury transactions in the Annual Financial Statements of a complex multinational business.
· Specialist knowledge relating to the review of hedge accounting criteria and the application to Company systems (including Tradestream).
· Detailed financial modelling, understanding the key areas of both income statement and balance sheets to generate and adjust forecasts and inflows resulting in financing/ gearing decisions to be made by Treasury.
· Budget & forecast variances are analysed and reported on.
· Monthly and quarterly reporting on financial results to external stakeholders. Review of treasury transactions and reporting requirements in between other group companies (e.g. African JVs, African subsidiaries, Country Road and Country Road Ventures).
· Assisting with the drafting of Monthly Treasury Report for inclusion in Monthly Finance Pack and quarterly Board and Audit Committees to inform the Board of the exposure of the group to financial risks.
· Assist with Monthly Treasury Analysis of FX position and liaison with buying groups to manage FX requirements and exposures, including advice for buying strategies.
· Assist with Monthly Treasury management of the FX position on Tradestream.
· Assist the Group Treasury Manager with management of the relationship with SARB and provision of information thereto.
· Assist the Group Treasury Manager with management of the relationship with providers of facilities and provision of information thereto.
· Assist the Group Treasury Manager with effective control (including reconciliation and review of all treasury transactions), as well as a monthly review of actual and forecast transactions within the Imports process.
· Play an effective role in the Finance team to ensure the combined delivery of the Finance Strategy.
· Assist with additional treasury tasks as they arise.
· Able to develop and use complex financial models e.g. for hedging criteria assessments and FX mark-to-market valuations.
· Able to develop, use and maintain complex corporate finance models e.g. for credit rating agencies.
· Able to explain financial concepts related to derivative instruments such as forward contracts and interest rate swaps (to senior management (FLT and FD)).
· Able to draft the IAS39 disclosure section of the Annual Report to best in class status (Excellent rating).
If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful.
For more information please call 021 557 4952 or email email@example.com