Title: Senior Profit Analyst (AA/EE)
Area: Cape Town
Salary: R800 000.00 – R 1 000 000.00 ctc
To provide in conjunction with the BU Financial Manager, the BU with a sound system of performance management that is aligned with the achievement of company wide financial goals and balanced scorecard. To optimize the ongoing and sustainable profit performance of the decision by providing the necessary decision-making framework and support. My client is a giant in the retail / FMCG sector; if you believe that you are up for this challenge then apply now!!
Qualified CA (SA) or B.Comm.
Skills & Experience:
CA (SA) - 5 years post qualifying experience with >3 years’ experience in retail.
B Comm - 8 years post articles experience with >5 years’ experience in retail.
Passion for the brand and customers.
Thinking strategically and commercially.
Delivering high performance.
Having a merchant mind-set.
Making insightful business decisions.
South African citizens only.
· Develop and use complex financial models and to define key profit drivers.
· Explain difficult financial concepts and models to Group Heads.
· Develop and use models for ongoing Business Unit performance assessment and management.
· Produce and present clear financial management information.
· Engage and influence Group Heads financial decision making.
· Analyze financial information and make clear recommendations for improvement to line management – even when this is unpopular.
· Communicate complex and often contentious matters to senior management both verbally and in writing.
· Inspire and motivate others around them.
· Effectively use and improve how we use the latest decision support technologies (e.g. Hyperion,
· Maintain the BU financial model that clearly identifies the key operational profit drivers of the BU and that is aligned to company and BU strategy. Utilize the BU financial model to inform commercial decision making to achieve BU financial goals.
· Monthly performance reporting in place for the BU and groups with variances highlighted and recommendations made to improve BU and group profitability.
· The BU scorecard is maintained and aligned to the corporate scorecard with relevant measures highlighting performance of the BU.
· Perform in-depth profitability analysis on key financial risk / opportunity areas to support and inform commercial decision making. The financial levers are understood and communicated to the business together with clear recommendations. Insights clearly presented to BU leadership team and wider business.
· Key business initiatives are reviewed and business cases generated and support provided to ensure that they meet the required returns. Support is provided to the BU to present these cases to the Investment Committee. Implementation is reviewed to ensure delivery of benefits.
· Effective delivery of a significant part of the BU’s financial plans in the form of a Medium Term Plan and the annual budget that is aligned with the BU strategy. BU stakeholders engaged with to gain input and provided with accurate and aligned plans and budgets for the BU.
· Forecasts are accurate, available on a timely basis, aligned with BU stakeholder’s expectations and in line with business performance and expectations.
· Budget & forecast variances are analyzed and recommendations are made to correct or improve BU profitability.
· Identify cost management opportunities – processes or expenses - which are not ensuring a sound return for shareholders and make recommendations on how these should be dealt with.
· Positive feedback from BU Leader and leadership and their teams that there has been an effective contribution to BU financial performance.
· Play an effective role in the BU Finance team to ensure the combined delivery of the BU Finance Strategy.
If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful.
For more information please call 021 557 4952 or email email@example.com