Title: Group Payroll Manager
Area: Montague Gardens, Cape Town
Salary: R 550 000.00 to R 750 000.00
A market leader in manufacturing requires the service of a highly competent individual to fill the position of Group Payroll Manager to be based in Montague Gardens. Position reports to the Group Executive: Human Resources.
Completed B.Com degree.
Further education in Compensation and Rewards Management desirable.
Registered with SARA as a rewards specialist.
Skills & Experience:
At least 6 years’ experience in the Payroll field in a medium to large organisation.
Working experience in Manufacturing sector essential.
Broad knowledge of best remuneration practices and expatriate remuneration.
Extensive Payroll processing experience.
Demonstrating financial management and budgeting skills.
Detail conscientious with strong numeric and analytical skills.
Organisational skills to manage records, data and to meet deadlines.
Excellent communication and influencing skills.
Ability to work in a complex, challenging and confidential environment
South African citizens only.
The Group Payroll Manager will be responsible to lead the payroll teams across the Group as well as establishing a shared services payroll function.
Your role will include researching, benchmarking and analysing through to planning, development, management and the execution of all compensation and benefits programs.
Working closely and consulting with internal business partners, you will assess benefits, compensation and compliance needs, simultaneously keeping abreast of legislation and organisational needs.
Part of your role will be to oversee compliance with statutory reporting, submission of tax to SARS and meeting external audit requirements.
To educate, mentor and train HR and remuneration practitioners on processes and professional practices within these areas, will also form part of your responsibilities:
· Lead and provide direction to the payroll departments of all the divisions within the company to deliver accurate and quality payroll service to all employees.
· Control and operate the company’s payrolls in line with legislation and group policy.
· Plan and execute a payroll strategy to harmonise and synchronise the processes and policies used in each payroll to the eventual integration of the payrolls.
· Advise on and implement group policies.
· Ensure that payroll protocols and controls are in place across all the divisions and make sure these are documented.
· Coordinate and implement continuous payroll audits at a company level.
· Manage and coordinate all payroll-related projects, for example the implementation of payroll system upgrades across all divisions within the company.
· Produce accurate and timely reporting of all data as required by the business, including month-end reports.
· Facilitate the reconciliation & submission process of mid-year & tax year ends to the relevant tax authorities.
· Provide leadership to the payroll administrators / supervisors in respect of performance required and development needs.
· Ensure that all payroll staff is trained on new updates, e.g. legislative, systems etc. as required.
· Provide an advisory service to people management and senior management team at a company level regarding the payroll process and requirements.
· Ensure that ad-hoc deductions are processed accurately.
· Oversee and authorise supervisors’ monthly general ledgers and journals.
· Maintain RL system with parameter changes as required by legislation and Business requirements.
· Attend to queries and resolve problems that are escalated by the payroll team.
· Assist with the preparations for the annual salary review & wage negotiation processes.
· Liaising with payroll regarding implementation of salaries & communication of increases within set timeframes by communicating with all relevant parties.
· Consulting with internal business partners, such as department heads and management, to assess benefits, compensation and compliance needs.
· Educate, mentor and train HR staff on processes and professional practices within these areas.
· Stay on top of changing legislation and tax laws impacting on employee benefits.
· Required to research and make recommendations on retirement, insurance plans & benefits.
· Responsible for accurate data collection and analysis, as well as maintaining accurate employee records.
· Prepare monthly reports for the business by understanding the analytics.
· Management & facilitation of the company’s internal share based compensation schemes.
· Statistical analysis of remuneration for the Group.
· Providing external and internal benchmark information to management and assisting with the interpretation of the data.
If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful.
For more information please call 021 557 4952 or email firstname.lastname@example.org