Title: Payroll Manager (AA/EE)
Area: Cape Town
Salary: R450 000.00 – R520 000.00 ctc
A market leader in manufacturing requires the service of a highly competent individual to fill the position of Payroll Manager (AA/EE) to be based in Montague Gardens.
Relevant Degree and/or Payroll Diploma.
Skills & Experience:
Minimum 4 years’ relevant experience.
Experience working in a manufacturing environment essential.
Experience in leading teams & projects to deliver results.
Solid knowledge of payroll principles, processes and procedures.
Solid understanding of relevant tax & labour law legislation.
Experience in third party payroll payments and related payroll recons essential.
Payroll systems experience essential, Resource Link payroll system experience high advantageous.
HR Systems experience required.
Mathematics: Knowledge of arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, statistics, and their applications.
Economics and Accounting: Knowledge of economic and accounting principles and practices, the financial markets, banking and the analysis and reporting of financial data.
Customer and Personal Service: Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
Building and maintaining stakeholder relationships.
Advanced Excel skills.
Adhering to principles and values.
Coping with pressure and setbacks.
South African citizens only.
The successful incumbent to this position will be responsible, but not be limited to:
· Lead and provide direction to the payroll departments of all the divisions within the company to deliver accurate and quality payroll service to all employees.
· Control and operate the company’s payrolls in line with legislation and group policy.
· Plan and execute a payroll strategy to harmonise and synchronise the processes and policies used in each payroll to the eventual integration of the payrolls.
· Advise on and implement group policies.
· Ensure that payroll protocols and controls are in place across all the divisions and make sure these are documented.
· Coordinate and implement continuous payroll audits at a company level.
· Manage and coordinate all payroll-related projects, for example the implementation of payroll system upgrades across all divisions within the company.
· Produce accurate and timely reporting of all data as required by the business, including month-end reports.
· Facilitate the reconciliation & submission process of midyear & tax year ends to the relevant tax authorities.
· Provide leadership to the payroll administrators / supervisors in respect of performance required and development needs.
· Ensure that all payroll staff is trained on new updates, e.g. legislative, systems etc. as required.
· Provide an advisory service to people management and senior management team at a company level regarding the payroll process and requirements.
· Ensure that ad-hoc deductions are processed accurately.
· Oversee and authorise supervisors’ monthly general ledgers and journals.
· Maintain RL system with parameter changes as required by legislation and Business requirements.
· Attend to queries and resolve problems that are escalated by the payroll team.
If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful.
For more information please call 021 557 4952 or email firstname.lastname@example.org